Ultherapy After Breast Cancer Radiation Treatment

I did have radiation treatment for breast cancer 1 1/2 years ago. My last check up 2 months ago showed that all was good. I am 60 and would like to try the Altherapy for small wrinkles on my face. Would this be alright>

Ultherapy can be done on the face despite having had radiation for breast cancer

+1

The Ultherapy being delivered to a different area that did not have radiation treatment, should not risk any injury to the irradiated area.  Continued success for you.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/ultherapy/index.html

Ulthera and Radiation Therapy

+1

Although Ultherapy would be safe if you have had prior radiation treatment, it is not entirely clear whether it would be effective in the prior treatment area.  Check with your radiation oncologist about the size of the area treated.  As long as the radiation field did  not include the neck, you should be fine. 

Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ulthera results

+1

Good news about your cancer survival. It should have no bearing on your Ultherapy treatment, but there are some factors that are important. Since Ulthera works by stimulating collagen regeneration under the skin, the healthier your collagen is to begin with the better the results. With menopause and age the skin thins and collagen becomes depleted, so the best results tend to be in patients from their 40's to mid-50's. We have however treated patients in their 60's with results, so it would be something to ask your doctor about.