If I Do a Full Face Ulthera Treatment, Will I No Longer Need to Do Botox on my Brow?

I use botox now to give me a little brow lift and to stop the vertical lines between my eyes...after Ulthera will I no longer need to do the brow lift portion of the botox and only do the vertical lines area? Thanks.

Botox and Ulthera

+1

Ulthera can work to lift your brow.  However, you will still have movement in the brow that creates the vertical lines.  The combination of Botox to address the vertical lines and Ulthera to lift the brow can have a nice result!

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Ulthera

+1

Ulthera is purely a procedure for tightening the skin and underlying musculature. However, Botox and Ulthera are usually complementary. 

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Depends

+1

Ultherapy is very good therapy for eyebrow lift.  However, the vertical lines that you are describing probably would not be completely treated with Ultherapy.  Often, a combination approach with Ultherapy, fillers, and botox given the best cosmetic outcome.  Synergistic effect between these modalities, in my opinion, given best volumizing effect. 

Chang Son, MD
Fort Lee Dermatologist

Ultherapy will not take away the glabellar creases between the eyebrows

+1

Ultheapy can help lift, but it won't tighten so much that it would prevent the eyebrow and lower forehead muscles from moving, and it's this movement that causes the vertical creases.  Botox or Dysport or other botulinum toxins can be used on a continued basis along with the Ultherapy.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Ulthera for Eyebrow Lift

+1

As mentioned previously, Ulthera works phenomenally well for raising the eyebrows; and further, eyebrow position/shape is a delicate balance of many facial muscles.  However, most of us have asymmetries and these may still be present after Ulthera treatment. Botox may still be useful to minimize any asymmetries present, so I would not completely rule it out. Hopefully, you will not need Botox to raise your eyebrows after your Ulthera treatment.

Luis Zapiach, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Can Ulthera lift the brow?

+1

One of the areas that seems to respond well to Ultherapy is the lateral orbital skin and tail of brow.  This is the same area that is treated with Botox.  Ulthera is FDA approved for non-invasive brow lift; in the clinical trials about 85% of patients had a significant improvement.

Joseph Campanelli, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ulthera effect on brow wrinkles

+1

The answer is definitely maybe. The reason is a complex balance of interactions between the muscles of expression around the eyes and forehead. The horizontal lines that develop in the forehead are often due to holding the eyebrows up, which in turn can be either because of heavy upper eyelids or a sagging brow. If the forehead is lifted enough with Ulthera, then these muscles can relax and the lines diminish. For the same reason, when Botox is used on the forehead, the lines will go away but the brow drops. It needs to be assessed on an individual basis but your question is right on the mark.

Richard Baxter, MD