Is Ulthera Useful for Droppy Eyelids?

Hi, I am 35 years old and have some excess skin on my upper eyelids. I have tried Botox to erase some horizontal frown lines as well as give the brows a lift, which it did but not to the extent I would like to see. My question is, am I running a risk of assymetry by having ultherapy done to my upper forehead/brow/eye area? I never had high brows to begin with, just want to get rid of the "tired" eye look without looking freakish! :) Thanks!

Ultherapy for browlift

Ultherapy is FDA approved for a browlift. You can perform an advanced technique by delivering lines/energy just above the bone directly below the brow to give the appearance of an additional lift. However, Ultherapy does not replace an upper blephoraplasty. Ultherapy will give a natural browlift, with no concern of looking "freakish". I often inject Botox the same day as Ultherpay which gives the patient "instant" gratification as Ultherapy takes 3-6 months to see your end result. No one is symmetrical but with Ultherapy you can deliver more energy to an area in hopes of improving the asymmetry. 

Knoxville Dermatologist

Ultherapy vs. Blepharoplasty for Droopy Eyelids

Ultherapy will lift and tighten the brow. In so doing, this treatment will raise the eyebrows and subtly reduce the hooded appearance of droopy eyelids. However, I strongly agree with my colleagues who have stated that Ultherapy is not an alternative to Blepharoplasty. Upper eyelid surgery involves an incision in the natural crease of the eye that allows for the removal of skin and fat. A very thin stitch is used to close the incision, which will be undetectable within the existing eyelid crease.

You should also know that the reason your eyes are aging faster than the rest of your face is because our eyes are surrounded by the thinnest and most fragile skin on the face. It is an area that lacks collagen and elastin fibers, so the skin is far more prone to stretching and sagging. Additionally, the constant contracting of more than 22 muscles around the eye pulls and strains the skin to produce a look of premature aging.

In conclusion, consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in Blepharoplasty. You should respond well to the surgery and be pleased with the final results.

Hal Michael Bass, MD

Ultherapy and Droopy Eyelids

Ultherapy has been FDA cleared to lift the brows. It is not a replacement for Blepharoplasty, however significant results have been proven to lift and tighten the brow line and define the eye area. Always consult with a Board Certified Physician to choose the best option for your desired results. 

Ultherapy for Lifting Brows

Ultherapy is FDA approved for lifting the brows, it will not replace a blepharoplasty. Ultherapy is a non-surgical treatment and will give a natural lift with little to no downtime. In our office we like to do a combination therapy with a Neurotoxin. Since the Ultherapy treatment is a gradual result, the Neurotoxin treatment will give the patient an instant result in the meantime.

Steven Gabel, MD, FACS
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow lifting with Ultherapy

Your eyelids will open up if you had Ultherapy brow lifting. Alternatively, you can have surgical eyebrow lifting to get a more dramatic lift. 

Ultherapy is focused high intensity ultrasound using B mode diagnostic imaging to ensure delivery of the ultrasound energy into the predetermined depths of tissue - skin (1.5 mm and 3 mm) and SMAS layer (4.5 mm).

Read the Ultherapy book on the link below.

We have performed Ultherapy since 2011 in hundreds of patients with high satisfaction rates.

ULtherapy browlift

Ultherapy can certainly be used to lift and tighten the skin around the eyes for a brow lift.  Most patients see immediate results, but improvement can be seen over several months as well. 

Ulthera Can Be Used for Brow Lifting

Ulthera can be used for brow lifting; it is quite useful for this purpose. The person doing the procedure has to be well versed in Ulthera, the skin and the anatomy to have the best possible outcome — and to this end we recommend a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon. This way you'll avoid that "freakish" look you spoke of! :)

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Ultherapy for browlifting and eyelid rejuvenation

Ultherapy is an excellent modality for brow lifting. This can be used successfully in addition to an eyelid lift to open up the eyes. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Ultherapy is not for eye lifting

Ultherapy is a great procedure but the patients must be picked carefully.  The brow can be elevated 2-6 mm in height.  It is not permanent  and the height will be unpredictable   This does not lift the eyelid and eyelid surgery may be the best long term answer 

Miguel Delgado, MD

Ulthera for Droopy Eyelids

Ulthera can be used, to raise the brows and give the eyes a more open appearance.  The treatment cannot be performed on the upper lids or inside the orbital rim in order to protect your vision.  However, we can treat above the brows and on the crowsfeet area to give you a lift of the brow, which than can open the eyes and make them less "heavy".  If your brows are currently symmetric, your brows should be treated symmetrically and result in a symmetric lift.  We have had good results with customizing treatments for patients who have asymmetric brows to make them more even.  Since this is a treatment that you see results in a progressive manner rather than an abrupt change, the patients have a very natural appearance that is generally not noticed other than them looking more "refreshed"!

Angela Sturm, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon