Is Ulthera Useful for Droppy Eyelids?

Hi, I am 35 years old and have some excess skin on my upper eyelids. I have tried Botox to erase some horizontal frown lines as well as give the brows a lift, which it did but not to the extent I would like to see. My question is, am I running a risk of assymetry by having ultherapy done to my upper forehead/brow/eye area? I never had high brows to begin with, just want to get rid of the "tired" eye look without looking freakish! :) Thanks!

Ultherapy for browlift

Ultherapy is FDA approved for a browlift. You can perform an advanced technique by delivering lines/energy just above the bone directly below the brow to give the appearance of an additional lift. However, Ultherapy does not replace an upper blephoraplasty. Ultherapy will give a natural browlift, with no concern of looking "freakish". I often inject Botox the same day as Ultherpay which gives the patient "instant" gratification as Ultherapy takes 3-6 months to see your end result. No one is symmetrical but with Ultherapy you can deliver more energy to an area in hopes of improving the asymmetry. 

Knoxville Dermatologist

Ultherapy can be used for non-surgical brow lift

Ultherapy is FDA approved for non-surgical lifting of the brow, and can be a great way to open up and brighten the eye area. I recommend visiting a board-certified dermatologist for an in-person consultation to see if you are a good candidate for this procedure. Asymmetry should not be a concern if you have the procedure done by an expert.

William Groff, DO
San Diego Dermatologist

Is Ulthera Useful for Droppy Eyelids?

If you were not happy enough with the chemical brow lift which you get from Botox, it is not likely that you will be happy with the amount of lift you may get from Ultherapy.  You may simply want to consider having an upper blepharoplasty, which is a fairly straight forward procedure, done under local anesthesia, with minimal down time and immediate improvement in the way the upper lids look. 

Victoria Karlinsky, MD
Manhattan General Surgeon

Ultherapy for Droopy Eyelids

Hi and thanks for your question.  I have seen some nice brow lifting and elevation of excess eyelid skin with Ultherapy.  The results are not as predictable as surgery, however.  I have not seen asymmetry with Ultherapy to the forehead, so I don't think that you need to worry about this.  

Jonathan Pontell, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy vs. Blepharoplasty for Droopy Eyelids

Ultherapy will lift and tighten the brow. In so doing, this treatment will raise the eyebrows and subtly reduce the hooded appearance of droopy eyelids. However, I strongly agree with my colleagues who have stated that Ultherapy is not an alternative to Blepharoplasty. Upper eyelid surgery involves an incision in the natural crease of the eye that allows for the removal of skin and fat. A very thin stitch is used to close the incision, which will be undetectable within the existing eyelid crease.

You should also know that the reason your eyes are aging faster than the rest of your face is because our eyes are surrounded by the thinnest and most fragile skin on the face. It is an area that lacks collagen and elastin fibers, so the skin is far more prone to stretching and sagging. Additionally, the constant contracting of more than 22 muscles around the eye pulls and strains the skin to produce a look of premature aging.

In conclusion, consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in Blepharoplasty. You should respond well to the surgery and be pleased with the final results.

Hal Michael Bass, MD

Ultherapy and Droopy Eyelids

Ultherapy has been FDA cleared to lift the brows. It is not a replacement for Blepharoplasty, however significant results have been proven to lift and tighten the brow line and define the eye area. Always consult with a Board Certified Physician to choose the best option for your desired results. 

Ultherapy for Lifting Brows

Ultherapy is FDA approved for lifting the brows, it will not replace a blepharoplasty. Ultherapy is a non-surgical treatment and will give a natural lift with little to no downtime. In our office we like to do a combination therapy with a Neurotoxin. Since the Ultherapy treatment is a gradual result, the Neurotoxin treatment will give the patient an instant result in the meantime.

Steven Gabel, MD, FACS
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow lifting with Ultherapy

Your eyelids will open up if you had Ultherapy brow lifting. Alternatively, you can have surgical eyebrow lifting to get a more dramatic lift. 

Ultherapy is focused high intensity ultrasound using B mode diagnostic imaging to ensure delivery of the ultrasound energy into the predetermined depths of tissue - skin (1.5 mm and 3 mm) and SMAS layer (4.5 mm).

Read the Ultherapy book on the link below.

We have performed Ultherapy since 2011 in hundreds of patients with high satisfaction rates.

ULtherapy browlift

Ultherapy can certainly be used to lift and tighten the skin around the eyes for a brow lift.  Most patients see immediate results, but improvement can be seen over several months as well. 

Ulthera Can Be Used for Brow Lifting

Ulthera can be used for brow lifting; it is quite useful for this purpose. The person doing the procedure has to be well versed in Ulthera, the skin and the anatomy to have the best possible outcome — and to this end we recommend a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon. This way you'll avoid that "freakish" look you spoke of! :)

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon