I Have Read That Ulthera Hurts but What About Preventive Measures?

Will Facial Numbing & Meds help with the pain?

Making Ultherapy treatment as comfortable as possible

There is no question that Ultherapy has some discomfort associated with it which can sometimes be significant. The level of discomfort really depends on the patient as pain thresholds vary widely from person to person. I had the treatment performed on me without any anesthetic or pain medication and I have to admit, it was certainly no trip to the spa! The good news is that I have never let any of my patients do that because the process can be made much more comfortable. I offer several different options to my patients for managing any pain associated with the treatment. My  preference is to utilize a combination of local anesthetic as well as some oral pain medication. I have offered mild oral sedatives to those patients who requested it--although they then needed to arrange for a ride home.

Fortunately, whatever discomfort or pain that you experience during the actual procedure only lasts during the course of the treatment itself. It does not carry over after you are done with the procedure. More importantly, the vast majority of my patients have been thrilled with the results and they have told me that any discomfort associated with the treatment was worth it.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Yalamanchili

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon