Allergic Reaction from Surgical Glue?

I am a 42 years old female. I had a tummy tuck 8days ago and I have a severe allergic reaction from the surgical glue. My surgeon put me on steroid and benadryl 50mg every 6 hours. The itching is unbearabble and it seems like ithe rash is spreading out more. He told me to put Vaseline on to get all the glue out. I have been putting Silverdene on because now it looks a lot like glue burn. I do not want to admit to the hospital.

Surgical glue allergy.

+2

Although this is rare, I have seen it 3 or 4 times in my practice. The treatment involves first removing the glue (your surgeon should be able to do this with a forcep in the office), an antihistamine for the itching, and moist dressings for any blistering which may occur. Even after all the glue is removed, the symptoms can last a few weeks although they should improve daily. Be sure to inform your doctors about this reaction so that no one uses surgical glue on you in the future.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+1
Sounds like PS is taking adequate care of you. Make sure u follow his medical advice. Each practice is different.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS