How Much Will It Cost to Replace my Breast Implants?

I had saline breast implants, size c about ten years ago placed under the muscle. They now sag and I would like to replace them. I live in Albany, NY and I am wondering what the estimated cost would be? Also, is the procedure more complicated, and can the procedures be done under local anesthesia?

Lift breasts instead of replacing implants

+1

You state that you are size C and are concerned about the sagging.  If you are happy with the size then you do not need to replace the implants but you need a lift.  This can be done through a circumareola incision avoiding any vertical scars.  The lift will also increase your upper pole fullness, increase your cleavage and reshape your breasts.  This may be the more appropriate alternative for you if you are satisfied with your size.  The cost of this is approximately $5,000 to $7,000.  If you want implant exchange at the same time, the additional cost for the implants would be approximately $1,800 (silicone gel) and $800 (saline).  The surgeon's fee and facility time would bring the total of between $8,000 and $9,000.  I place my implants retro-pectoral and that is not practical to do under local.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.horndeski.com/gallery.aspx

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Cost to Replace my Breast Implants

+1

The cost for breast implant exchange varies significantly across the country even in the same city. You are looking at least $3000 + Facility and Anesthesia Costs. The procedure is not complex. While some facilities use local anesthesia, many surgeons do not advise. Once you choose the board certified plastic surgeon that best fits your needs discuss the anesthesia option that best meets your situation.

Cost of implants and lift in NY

+1

The fees will vary from one part of the state to the next, and it sounds like you need implant exchange and possibly a lift.  Go for a few consults, but remember do not just focus on price because sometimes the best low price is low for a reason.  You may end up paying more in the end for lower quality work.  Good luck.

The cost of breast implant replacement

+1

Replacing breast implants in the Northeast can range from $6000 to $10000.  This does not include what a breast lift would cost if that is needed as well.  This usually includes the cost of the surgeons fees, implants, anesthesiologist and operating room facility. 

The difficulty of the procedure can vary from being a straight forward removal of implant and replacement with another one to being more complex and requiring adjustment of the pocket where the implants lay under the breast.  This may be required to make them look even, or you may need additional soft tissue support to achieve the best result.  A breast lift may also be recommended.   That is why the price range is so wide.  

In some cases, the procedure can be done with monitored sedation and local anesthesia but the more complex cases should be performed under general anesthesia.  Again, it varies on your individual situation.  

To find out what you need and how much exactly it would cost, you should be examined by a board certified plastic surgeon.

Cost of implant replacement

+1

Exchange of breast implants is performed under general anesthesia in an accredited facility in NYS.  The procedure may be more complex because you note that there is sagging.  Without a photo and physical examination, I cannot determine whether you need a breast lift along with the reaugmentation.  This certainly will increase the cost of the procedure.  See a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to obtain a price quote and discuss the logistics of surgery.