I Have 290cc Implants and I Will Change There with 400cc Ultra High Implants. DD cup Possible? (photo)

I am a 35 yr old mom of 2kids. I'm 5'3" & 113 lbs. Cup Sice C at this time with 290cc anatomical implants. Is a DD Cup possible with 400cc ultra high implants? Example this 2 models in the pictures?

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me (Revisionary Surgery)?

+1

Thank you for the question but despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you with precise enough advice.  One of the keys to achieving the results you are looking for will be clear communication with your plastic surgeon.

This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “DD cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Mechanical Stability

+1

At size 32 or 34 bra each 100 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  At size 36 or 38 bra each 200 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  110 cc will be 1 cup size if you are 32 or 34 and 1/2 cup size if you are 36 or 38.  However, you will not achieve the results of the models shown in the photographs.  It is important for you to know that the shape those models have is not mechanically stable long term.  These women will require additional revisions as the implants descend due to excessive weight and inadequate mechanical support.  There is a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision your breast is reshaped creating upper pole fullness, elevated higher on the chest wall and displace medial to increase cleavage.  Breast lift will maximize anterior projection more than 400 cc ultra high implants.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Picking Size of Implants from Photos Alone: Difficult at best.

+1

Despite many of the answers thus far, I don't think it possible to determine the exact size and shape implant you will require to make you a DD without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. This is because measurements are needed to determine the implant size that your native base width of your breast will accommodate. Additional critical information is also needed such as if your implants are above or below your muscle and if possible review of photos prior to your first augmentation and your operative note.
I personally order more than one set of implant sizes and use sizers during surgery to fine tune which implant would work best for you. In general Ultra High Implants often give an unnatural appearance due to over projection. Software morphing programs can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn't work well in my experience with sagging or asymmetric breasts).
My advice is to see a board certified plastic surgeon for a formal consultation. If still confused don't hesitate to get a second opinion.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

DD cup

+1

A 110 cc change will probably not do it for you interms of increasing your cup size to a DD. Remember that when going larger there are increased risks.  An evaluation in person is key.  Good luck.

Exchanging for larger breast implants

+1

It is difficult to correlate breast implant volume to cup size since everyone varies depending on breast dimensions and body frame.   That being said, many plastic surgeons have imaging software in their offices that can help predict how you would appear with different size implants.  Also, many plastic surgeon will offer to try different sized implants in the operating room to ensure that they can achieve your desired look and that your breast will accommodate that size.  This way you don't have to commit to a specific volume before surgery.  However, when you do that you have to trust your surgeon to choose the right implant for you.  

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

I Have 290cc Implants and I Will Change There with 400cc Ultra High Implants. DD cup Possible?

+1

You need to be sure the 400 cc UHP are large enough for you to obtain a DD. I might consider a 480 cc UHP implant to be sure you get that DD look.