How LOng After First Session of IPL Can I Have 2nd Session?

ive done my first session of ipl 5 days ago to remove acne scars and i am new to the subject. but the scars have increased in redness and i understand it is a normal reaction from what ive read. And i would like to know if i can do my next session after 15 days so as to speed up removal of acne scars?

IPL Treatments

+1

First, you should understand that IPL will do virtually nothing for the textural appearance of acne scars; it can help with the redness of scars.  IPL treats broken blood vessels, brown spots, and sometimes unwanted hair.  I generally recommend waiting 4 weeks between treatments.

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Acne Scars & IPL

+1

I typically treat my patients at 3-4 week intervals with IPL.  Whether this will help with your acne scars depends on what type they are.  If it is a color discrepancy then the IPL may help but if it is more of a depression or ice pick scar I would recommend alternative treatments.  Please review the acne scar answers on link.  Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Vargas-Face-and-Skin-Center/154238414636265

Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

IPL treatment time

+1

In my office we recommend treatments as early as 2 to 4 weeks apart.  Have patience, it takes multiple treatments.

Dr. Grant Stevens    

Web reference: http://marinaplasticsurgery.com/

4 weeks is the standard

+1

Most physicians perform IPL at 4 week intervals. You could do them sooner (2-3wks) but it depends upon the time course of your healing and what you are trying to achieve. Discuss this with your doctor.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Time between IPL treatments

+1

The full effect of one IPL treatment is usually seen in 30 days. This is the recommended interval for treatments. Doing it more often may not give you any added benefit and end up costing more. Your decision.

Good luck!

Eugene Oculoplastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.