How Long After a Medium TCA Peel Do I Need to Wait to Have IPL?

Timing of IPL After Medium Depth TCA Peel

+2

In my experience, redness and swelling after a medium depth TCA peel lasts from 4-8 weeks, with neocollagenesis occurring for up to a year.  Although you are probably safe having IPL at 5-6 months, the question is what benefit will you obtain?  A medium depth TCA peel is a reasonably aggressive resurfacing treatment, leading to measurable results which probably won't be further augmented by IPL for 18 months or so.

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

IPL is safe after the redness of a Medium Depth TCA Peel has resolved

+1

IPL treatment is safe once the redness, inflammation and peeling of a medium-depth TCA peel is resolved. This may take approximately four weeks.

Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

IPL followed by Peel

+1

I would wait until the redness from the peel is gone, and see what is left to treat.  Your peel will continue to improve your skin for several months following this, but any pigmentary issues that remain after several months will likely stay so IPL on these areas if indicated would help.

Alabama Facial Plastic Surgeon

After TCA Peel, I would recommend waiting until the redness is gone before doing IPL treaments

+1

Following a TCA peel, you will have some redness for a while.  Once that is gone and IPL treatment can be done.  If you do the IPL while you are still red, the redness in your skin will absorb more of the IPL light and may make it more likely to blister or have an adverse reaction the the IPL treatment.

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Usually 1 month after a medium TCA peel is enough time to start getting IPLs.

+1

1 month after a medium TCA peel is enough time to start getting IPLs but you need to be using your cortisone lotion, spf, and possibly a bleaching cream.  See what your doc says.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Web reference: http://www.drdavidhansen.com/chemical-peel/

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

IPL

+1

This will depend on the condition of the skin and the amount of skin reaction.

wait till skin back to normal and start very lightly

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.