How Soon After a Brazillian Butt Lift Can You Get More Fat Added?

I had a bbl done 6 weeks ago, and am not satisfied with the volume. I had 960cc's put in each cheek, but feel that a lot was absorbed since the surgery. How soon can I schedule to go back to get more fat added? And will that give me better results as im adding more fat after the initial surgery? With the compression garment on I am happy, but without it on im not happy with the projection of my butt, and i dont wanna hafto wear a compression garment everyday just to have the projection i want

How soon can i get a revision BBL ?

+1
The pre op consultation is vitally important to make sure each is on the same page, and to make sure what you are expecting is something the surgeon feels he can reasonably deliver. Many before and after photos should be reviewed to ensure that you are confident in the type of results that surgeon routinely produces. Understanding that no Surgeon can guarantee results of any kind, there should be some understanding of what will be completed and the intended ideal result. With proper liposculpting and 960cc of fat to each side, results should be dramatic. It is difficult to say without an exam, or at least photos of before and after. Is it possible you have nice results and your expectations unrealistic, or are your results simply less than ideal ? 
Secondly, you have to make sure you are a good candidate for a second BBL. This would need to be determined by at least photos, a consultation and exam being best. Can your liposculpting contours be improved? Is there enough fat remaining to harvest and produce desired results? What areas were treated with liposculpture the first time as compared to remaining excess fat in other areas. If there is enough available fat in areas where liposculpting was not performed the first time, the second BBL could be performed from between 3 and 6 months. If fat must be harvested from the same areas, and assuming there is enough fat, i would recommend waiting from 6 months to one year. The reason to wait longer when performing liposculpture on the same previously treated areas, is to wait for the the firmness and scar tisssues to soften and resolve. You can't see it or feel it, however, areas previously treated with liposculpture can be very firm with scar tissue making the procedure of viable fat harvesting very difficult. Firmness and scar tissue from previous surgery can even continue to soften and and resolve over one year.

Best to wait at least 3 months before considering a revision

+1
I generally advise patients to wait 3-4 months after surgery before considering a revision procedure. You also need to make sure you have enough fat to be harvested and injected into your buttocks.

If the majority of the fat transferred did not stay in your buttock, it probably means the surgeon did not spin down the fat in a centrifuge before injecting it back into your buttocks. I have found that my fat cell survival rate is between 75-85% when I spin down the patient's fat and use a power-assisted mechanism for fat grafting. This method provides much better results for my patients.

German Newall, MD

+1

I would reccommend that you wait at least 12 months before you have more fat injected into your butt. The amount of fat you had placed is a fairly large amount, however, without knowing what technique was used it is difficult to say what the resorption rate will be. It will take about a year for you to see the final result from the grafting as it takes time for the fat to be revascularized and then to grow on its own. Please be patient.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Redo Brazilian butt lift

+1

This is a very unusual request from somebody having a fat transfer procedure so early. What you are really describing is a poorly performed Brazilian butt lift. Only 20% of the fat is reabsorbed after the procedure. You have almost 1000cc of fat injected into each buttock, which is a significant amount to increase projection.  Was the fat processed after it was harvested?  Were the non – fat products removed prior to injection? You see, when doing liposuction, only 30% of the collected fluid is fat. If you inject this fluid without processing, then, 70% of this “1000 cc of fat” will be reabsorbed within the first month. 

Assuming that you have enough fat for a second fat transfer procedure, then, you will need to wait about 6 months before you can go under knife again.

Wilberto Cortes, MD

Brazilian butt lift when can you have more fat

+1

In my patients who have had liposuction and fat injection it takes 3 months and sometimes more to see the final result. At 6 weeks is still early and you probably are not close to your best result. You probably still have swelling and your skin has not contracted as much as it probably will.

Whenever you operate on an area you do not want to go back to that same area until all the swelling has resolved. In liposuction is maybe 6 or more months later. If you go back to try to operate on an area that still have swelling it would be like operating on a rock and you will not get a good result.

Wearing your garment and considering massage may be a way to help speed up the healing and get your best result. Talk to your doctor about your concerns.

Wendell Perry, MD

Improving outcome from Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Hi there-

Without examining you, it is difficult to say whether further fat grafting would be in your best interests or not.

Based on what you say about being happy with your butt when your are wearing the support garment, I would be a bit concerned that whats keeping you from being happier with your butt is not an ongoing lack of volume, but the quality and quantity of the skin envelope.

Discuss this with your surgeon.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS