Who Pays for a Brazilian Butt Lift Gone Wrong?

i got a brazilian butt lift but not happy with it. the dr injected the fat to high and not at the bottom so my butt looks wide and i wanted it rounder and fuller. I want to do a repeat butt lift but i dont know if hes going to charge me because he didnt give me the butt i wanted. Does the doctor have a right to repeat the butt lift at no cost? I paid to much money and upset because i didnt get the results i wanted.

Who pays for a revision BBL ?

+1
The pre op consultation is vitally important between the Dr. and the Patient prior to surgery to make sure each is on the same page, and to make sure what you are expecting is something the surgeon feels he can reasonably deliver. I am not sure what transpired between you and your surgeon. Understanding that no Surgeon can guarantee results of any kind, there should be some understanding of what will be completed and the intended ideal result. Policies with revisional surgery vary greatly from surgeon to surgeon. Some may do the revision without additional charge. Some surgeons may perform a revision with payment for anesthesia, operating room and supplies, and others will charge a discounted full fee depending on many factors. There are no hard and fast rules here. This is something you simply must work out with your surgeon. It is a good idea for patients to ask, in advance, about policies and costs regarding revisional surgeries.  
Secondly, you have to make sure you are a good candidate for a second BBL. This would need to be determined by at least photos, a consultation and exam being best. Can your liposculpting contours be improved? Is there enough fat remaining to harvest and produce desired results? What areas were treated with liposculpture the first time as compared to remaining excess fat in other areas. If there is enough available fat in areas where liposculpting was not performed the first time, the second BBL could be performed from between 3 and 6 months. If fat must be harvested from the same areas, and assuming there is enough fat, i would recommend waiting from 6 months to one year. The reason to wait longer when performing liposculpture on the same previously treated areas, is to wait for the the firmness and scar tisssues to soften and resolve. You can't see it or feel it, however, areas previously treated with liposculpture can be very firm with scar tissue making the procedure of viable fat harvesting very difficult. Firmness and scar tissue from previous surgery will generally continue to soften and and resolve over one year.

Complications after a Brazilian butt lift

+1

A Brazilian butt lift is a safe and effective procedure that combines liposuction of the abdomen hips waist and back and then fat grafting to the gluteal region. This is a safe and effective way to contour the lower body. Like all surgeries, it is possible to develop a complication after a Brazilian butt lift. If this has occurred, your best bet is to work closely with your doctor to determine what can be done. Keep in mind that a revision of a Brazilian butt lift can be caught in procedure so it is essential that you work with a board-certified plastic surgeon has a great deal of experience with these techniques. If your doctor is not such a surgeon, you'd be well served to obtain a second opinion.

Pat Pazmino, MD