Brazillian Butt Lift 2 Month Ago - How Soon Can I Get A Revision?

Unhappy with the result.How long do I wait till the next procedure? How can I achieve fuller rounder contour? I did this procedure two months ago and already left butt has receded and showing dimples. :( But crease looks flatter line than a crescent shape. Left butt crease looks flat. Pls tell me who can make it look amazing like the top pic on realself Butt page. I am calling you?

Referral for complicated buttock augmentation

+4

You may want to contact Dr. Mendieta in Florida who lectures extensively on this procedure. He has alot of experience with buttock augmentation.

Brazilain Butt Lift Revision

+3
The pre op consultation is vitally important between the Dr. and the Patient prior to surgery to make sure each is on the same page, and to make sure what you are expecting is something the surgeon feels he can reasonably deliver. In other words, is the patients expectations reasonable and can the surgeon reasonable acheive these goals. Understanding that no Surgeon can guarantee results of any kind, there should be some understanding of what will be completed and the intended ideal result. It is important to understand that about 50 percent of the result in a Brazilian Butt Lift comes directly from the liposculpture. From the limited view in your photo, it appears like furthere liposculpting would enhance your result, however, is there enough fat remaining to harvest and produce your desired results? What areas were treated with liposculpture the first time as compared to remaining excess fat in other areas. If there is enough available fat in areas where liposculpting was not performed the first time?  The second BBL could be performed between 6 months and one year after the initail surgery. The reason to wait longer when performing liposculpture and fat transfer on the same previously treated areas, is to wait for the the firmness and scar tisssues to soften and resolve. You can't see it or feel it, however, areas previously treated with liposculpture and fat injections can be very firm with scar tissue making the procedure of viable fat harvesting and transfer very difficult. Firmness and scar tissue from previous surgery will generally continue to soften and and resolve over  6 months to one year. The bottom line in performing a second BBL is to be able to aesthetically improve on the liposculpting and harvest enough viable fat to produce desired results.

Sam Gershenbaum, DO

Brazilian butt lift revision

+1
Setting realistic expectations is an essential part of the initial consultation.  Matching your wishes with what is achievable with your body is key.   The earliest that I would perform a revision would be 6 months.  This allows enough time for all of the swelling and scar tissue to settle and soften. Seek an in person consultation with a plastic surgeon who specializes in gluteal shaping.  Best of luck.

Luis H. Macias, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1
Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us.  Without seeing your before-surgery pictures, it is difficult to determine what effect the surgery had on your buttock.

Generally, patients who are unhappy with the results of their Brazilian butt lift suffer from a low retention rate; the amount of fat that survives the transfer from your abdomen to your buttock.  This is part your genetic makeup and part the skill of your surgeon.

Make sure you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in the Brazilian butt lift.  Request before and after photos, which should be readily available through the surgeons office.  

I would also like to take the opportunity to thank Dr. Placik for his kind words.

Please let us know how everything turns out.  Normally, a patient looking for additional surgery will have to wait for the first to be completely healed, which can take up to 6 months.

Regards,

Dr. Constantino Mendieta.

Constantino G. Mendieta, MD

+1
Thank you for your question. You have to give your self at lest 3 months after your procedure and follow your surgeon procedure before you can see result. I see areal good work there. Your last doctor should be able to help you at no cost help you to resolve your concern with a revision if you are still not satisfied. Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon with years of experience and great reviews in your procedure.

Mel T. Ortega, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift Revision

+1
When you are fully healed from your first procedure, and you have more fat available to perform the procedure again, you can seek a doctor for a revision. I usually suggest waiting 6 months. To achieve the results you are looking for, you needed more than 500cc of fat per buttock. I believe I can give you the butt you are looking for. Internet conversations can never replace an in person consultation, so be sure to find a board certified plastic surgeon. 

German Newall, MD

Buttocks augmentation and fat grafting

+1

Buttocks augmentation via fat grafting has some degree of uncertainty with respect to survival ot the fat grafts.  It's best to wait several months to allow for complete healing in order to plan a repeat procedure.  The minor dimpling and asymmetries may soften and can be addressed more precisely at that time. 

Good luck and remember to have resonable expectations for improvement.

Dr. Pedy Ganchi

Ridgewood, NJ

Pedy Ganchi, MD
Ridgewood Plastic Surgeon

Achievable results

+1

It is critical to understand what this surgery can do for  you.  Although I've done this operation repeatedly, it is one of the most delicate operations in terms of clarifying expectations.  This is probably because there is an element of body contouring with variable amounts of fat removed that will improve certain areas, there is an ill defined amount of skin retraction and an unknown amount of fat graft survival.  Properly done by a board certified plastic surgeon, the operation can be very effective.  Best wishes

Ricardo A. Meade, MD

+1

Your PS must be a better Ps than most. Yes you need repeat fat grafts. Sorry from MIAMI DR. Darryl J. Blinski

Buttock enhancement

+1

There are few problems with your results.

That is why We empasize that your surgeon be an experienced BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON (AMERICAN BOARD OF PLASTIC SURGERY)

Otherwise the repair becomes more expensive.

You nne a butt that fits your body, not some one else immage.

You need to wait about 6 month before you can have another surgery.

Depending on examination, is there fat necrosis, fat resorption, infection all are factors to decide when the repair needs to be done. Also do you have enough fat now to correct ahe deformities and enhance the buttocks?