Butt Augmentation Done with Fat Injections. Looks Worse Now. Didn't Know This Could Happen? Need a Fix?

I had a butt augmentation w/fat injections to improve the shape of my butt and to fill in areas where I had cellulite. In recovery I felt my butt. It felt as if fat was injected into the top and bottom of my butt. I now have severe deep cellulite right in the middle of both butt cheeks.I showed Dr the next day,response was it will be ok when the swelling goes down. 6 weeks later, it's worse. She says the fat didn't take in the heavily scarred tissue areas.REALLY? What will fix this?

Brazilan Butt Lift

+2

It is evident that there is fat above and below the dimpling in the buttocks.

Such dimpling can be repaired with fat grafting, but one need to releasr the scarring or the septae that adhere to the skin and the fascia below. It may require smoothing the fat above and below the dimpling with minor liposuction of very prominent areas. Such repair may require multiple sessions to correct. Your expectations of the correction should be moderate as well. Scars do not take fat easily. The fat graft need to be put in the superficial plane and deep plane.

All this is technique dependant and you need some one with experience. Post operative care is very important with a good girdle. avoid sitting on that areas, you can use doughnut pillows may be two or three of them to avoid pressure on the areas of fat grafting.

Remember correction of deformities after surgery is much more difficult than the original surgery.  Fat graft take can be from 62% to 80% in the best of techniques. That is also why multiple procedures are required.

Butt Augmentation - How to Fix Dimpling

+1
I would have to see your pre-operative photos to know exactly how this happened. This can be improved with more fat grafting, but go to a board certified plastic surgeon with proven results. Always ask to see before and after photos so you are sure that your surgeon has experience with your desired procedure. Best wishes to you.

German Newall, MD

Cellulite after BBL

+1

It is hard to judge whether you had the cellulite before surgery without seeing your pre-op photos.  Cellulite is typically NOT corrected by fat grafting, although there may be some correction or improvement with the fat grafting.  If it is indeed from cellulite, your surgeon will first need to release fibrous septa going from the subcutaneous fat to the skin, which causes the dimpled appearance.  After this is done, fat grafting can be used to fill in the area.  Make sure you do  not sit on it for at least 3 weeks!!!

Melinda Lirag Lacerna-Kimbrell, MD, FACS
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon