Megan Fox Lips: Did She Have Juvederm or Collagen for Her Lips?

I think actress Megan Fox has had her lips done recently. They look fuller and natural, but not fake. Can anyone tell me what she used? Is it collagen or Juvederm? I'm thinking Juvederm, but I'm not sure.

Megan Fox's Lips...What is in Them?

Hi Z,

No one knows for sure other than her injector and her hair dresser. Megan Fox is a very beautiful woman, but I would respectively disagree "that her lips look natural". They look like porn star lips. They detract from what should be the central focus of her face, her beautiful eyes.

Her upper lip is too big in relation to her lower lip (it should be about 70% the size of the lower lip), and her lower lip filling extends out too far laterally, approaching the appearance of a breakfast sausage.

You can achieve similar results with a number of fillers currently available. But remember that as with any tool, "It's the craftsman, not the tool" that will give you great results.

Try to keep your lips a "natural" size. Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon

The Art of Lip Augmentation

In 1984 i invented lip augmentation. The key to lip augmentation it must be undetectable. Her bottom lip looks like a horse shoe. The normal architecture of the lower lip is it tapers on the side and is wider in the center. Furthermore her upper lip looks lumpy and not smooth. Lip augmentation should not take your eye directly to the lips or require you to pay excess baggage on your next plain flight. It should subtlety improve one's appearance. Also lip augmentation should include enhancement of the lower third of the which is lost as we age . the proper proportion is 18-20 mm from upper lip to nose and 38-40mm from lower lip  to chin.  As we age the distances change as the lips moves south due to loss of dental support. With fillers one can enhance the lips and restore these distances

Arnold W. Klein, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation

Just by looking at lips which have been augmented, it is difficult to determine which type of filler was used.  A variety of fillers can be used to add volume, contour and shape changes to help improve your lips appearance.

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Megan Fox's Lips

Lip augmentation has been devised by many cultures for centuries, with women of all ethnic backgrounds applying cosmetics to their lips since the Stone Age and African tribal ceremonies introducing materials into the lips for the purposes of augmentation.  Since then, lip eversion surgeries as well as many materials including fat, fascia, silicone, bovine collagen, calcium hydroxyapatite, Goretex, hyaluronic acid, and Alloderm have been used or are currently under trial for lip augmentation.  Currently, the most popular lip augmentation methods involve temporary injectable materials.  As to whether Megan Fox had lip injections, we will never know unless she has divulged this information publicly.  The picture you show does not depict her lips in repose or without makeup, so it possible that she is simply everting her lips for sexy photo op purposes or that she has lip liner, stick, and gloss specifically placed to plump her lips, which is more than likely the case.  That being said, her lips in this photo do appear to be especially full in the central and outer aspects, and her upper lip appears to be larger than what one would normally expect for normal lips (where the lower lip is usually fuller than the upper lip).  Nonetheless, the definition of beauty is constantly changing as some celebrities (e.g. Angelina Jolie) who were born with especially full lips continue to redefine what is beautiful for lips.

Thomas T. Le, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Got Lips?

Zbornak,

There is no way of knowing except to ask Megan or her physician.  And I would not consider her results natural.  Regardless, both products can be used in the lips yielding natural results if desired. 

Lip Filler - Collagen or Juvederm

There really is no telltale sign that would reveal which filler was used just by looking. I think it is likely that one of the hyaluronic acid fillers (Juvederm or Restylane) was used. Regardless, this smooth, natural appearance can be achieved with one of these hyaluronic acid fillers, either of which would be my choice of filler for the lips. It is important that you find a physician with good technique that you are comfortable with and who will walk you through the after-care and expected post-injection course.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Los Angeles lip filler

Facial fillers are quite common among celebrities. Thankfully, these treatments can be performed in a very natural looking fashion. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Megan Fox Lips: Juvederm or Collagen?

The only way to know what Megan Fox had injected into her lips would be to ask Megan Fox. (Even her doctor couldn't say due to the privacy law.) However, because she had her lips injected recently, as opposed to twenty years ago, the chances are it was a hyaluronic acid product, such as Juvederm, rather than collagen.

Click on the link below to see a lip augmentation case with Juvederm, not collagen.

Heather J. Furnas, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Dont know

Juvederm, collagen, other fillers, as well as lip implants can be used to create this look. I would recommend starting out with a hyaluronic acid based filler. 

Celebrity Lips

Many celebrities have facial filler since looking good is an integral part of their job.  Juvederm can create a beautiful full lip like this.  For the best results please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience in lip augmentation to choose the most proper filler, amount, and technique.