How Can I Get Rid of Bone Fragments Under my Skin Caused by Acne?

My Dr. says I have small bone fragments under my skin (chin) due to severe acne in my 20s. I am now 57. He said he doesn't think he can help me. Is there anyone who CAN help me with this problem?

Small microincisions can be used to remove the bone

+1

What you are experiencing is a very rare complication of acne. The bone can be removed through microincisions in an outpatient setting with great results!

Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Consult with a Facial Plastic Surgeon or Plastic Surgeon

+1

As Dr. Karamanoukian points out, there is the possibility of small deposits of calcium in areas of inflammation, such as acne. Removal is fairly straight forward and can achieved with a minimal scar. Consult a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon in your area for more information.

D.J. Verret, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Effective removal of Heterotrophic Calcification and Acne Scars

+1

Heterotrophic calcification is quite common in certain inflammatory conditions. In patients with acne and other inflammatory conditions of the skin, this condition can cause pain and symptoms associated with these deposits.

Seek the advice of a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist who is familiar with micro-techniques for removal of these lesions. I routinely perform these procedures as an outpatient technique in a clinic setting.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS