Could Accidental Poking Nose with Qtip Cause Any Damage?

hello i was wondering if i accidentally poked my nose with a qtip a little higher than the rim of the nostril if any type of damage could occur, considering i'm about 5 and a half months post op.... is it still possible to disrupt any type of sutures being so far out? by the way it hasn't been consisted poking either just like once or twice accidental.

+1

You would have to be very aggressive to cause any damage at 5.5 months post op. Being that said none of us were there for your surgery an it is hard to know if your surgeon did anything special that you could harm. Most likely you will be fine. If you have real concerns call your surgeon for sure.

Poke

+1

Five and one half months out from rhinoplasty means that your internal nasal incisions are well healed as you proceed through your 12 month "full" healing period.  I do not believe you have caused any damage to your nose, but see your surgeon for a check-up.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+1

5 months post surgery your skin and bones are as strong as ever. A Qtip is not hard enough to cause damage. Just to re assure your self you should see your PS.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Q-Tip Injury 5 Months After a Rhinoplasty

+1

There is almost nothing you could do with a Q-tip that would hurt your nose 5 months after a rhinoplasty. Don't worry.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Q-tip at 5 months post rhinoplasty

+1

I usualy have patients use  a q-tip from about week 1 to week 3( once the splint is removed) to clean the nose.  At 5 months unless there is something unusual going on, it should not be a problem.

Cleaning Nose With Q-tip At 5 Months Post-op

+1

At 5.5 months post-op, you should be fine cleaning your nose with Q-tips according to your surgeon's instructions; sutures should be pretty much dissolved by now.

It is important that you abide by your surgeon's recommendations/instructions so you can obtain the best results possible.

Although your nose is considerably less fragile than when you were "fresh" out of surgery, I recommend that you consult with your surgeon for a physical assessment/examination; the absence of pain, bleeding and visible changes are good indications.

Thank you for your questions.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Cleaning nose with Q-tip

+1

5 months after surgery I would say it's probably safe to clean your nose with a Q-tip.I don't think you can cause any damage. Contact your surgeon just to be sure.

Ronald Schuster, MD

You should be Fine Five months Post Rhinoplasty

+1

You should be fine Five months post surgery. We do not like our patients poking around their nose with a q-tip so do not continue this activity. Leave that to your surgeons office to clean your nose. If you are having crusting or experience any problems with dryness they may want to put you on a saline spray to help moisture. make a follow up appointment with your surgeon and keep the Q-tips in a drawer. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD