My Nose Bump. Can I Make it Flatter With Pressure?

can pushing your nose bump down make it flatter since im still really young or is the only real way to remove it surgery.? oh and if i get nose surgery can you choose how you want it or do they choose?

Nasal hump pressure

+1

Unfortunately, it is highly unlikely that you can affect any change in your nose with just digital pressure. However, if you do have the bump removed, then we often recommend digital pressure at that time to lessen the likelihood of a recurrence. Good luck.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+1

Sorry to say that applying pressure will not help reduce you bump on your nose. Having surgery would be the only way to help your situation. You, the patient decide what you want your nose to look like, you tell your PS what you are looking for and they tell you what they can do to give you what you’re looking for.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Molding the nose

+1

I always thought what a great concept and theoretical possiblity to try to mold the nose.  It is done with ears in newborns.  However, most changes in the nose happen during puberty when structures are more solid. Unfortunately it is not possible at this time.

+1

Unfortunately, it is impossible to "mold" the nose with pressure. The options available to change the appearance of the nose include injectable fillers which are temporary and surgery which would provide a permanent change in the appearance of your nose. If you're under the age of consent you would need your parents consent to pursue these treatments. With regard to surgery, you can tell your facial plastic surgeon what result you would like and they will let you know if they are able to achieve that result for you. Communication is critical to determine exactly what changes are possible and which will benefit you the most. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pushing On Nasal Bump Will Not Remove It

+1

Hi,

Pressing on your nasal bump will not remove/fix it even if you are of a pretty young age.

Your best bet is to be little more patient and give nature the chance to take its course and see what the outcome would be. 

By the time you become 16-17 y.o. and your nose has reached full maturity, then if you are not happy with your nose as a whole while taking your facial features into consideration then consulting with a skilled surgeon would help you make a well-informed decision.

The best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Pushing on a nasal bump

+1

There is no way to improve a bump that is cartilage or bone with pressure from your finger. When you are ready (and of age) you can visit a plastic surgeon with your parents to see what options you might have.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Flatten bump on bridge with pushing?

+1

Manual pressure on your nasal bump won't flatten the bone. Rhinoplasty can address this, though. Your surgeon should allow you to express your preferences regarding how much you want taken down.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Treating Nasal Bump with Pressure

+1

Pressure will have no effect on a nasal bump. An rhinoplasty surgeon will discuss the goals and expectations of the patient providing recommendations based on their training and years of experience.

Flatter

+1

External nasal pressure will only generate a sore nose!  However, physician directed Cosmetic Rhinoplasty is best performed with direct patient input.  I always have my past rhinoplasty patients speak with and visit future rhino-patients.  These previous patients reveal their preoperative photos and the prospective patient can actually see and feel the "new nose."  I have found that this is the best and most accurate way to help inform my rhinoplasty patients.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

At your age the cartilage is fully mature. Usually there is bone component to the bump as well. Surgery is the best treatment. You always have a say in how you want you nose to look. You have to be realistic however, about what can and can not be achieved. Make sure you seek a board certified surgeon who is qualified to do Rhinoplasty operations. They are very delicate operations and you want a surgeon with experience and one whom you feel at ease and comfortable with.

Richard J. Brown, MD