What is the Best Least Invasive Solution for Turkey Neck?

I am a 68 year active male in good health. However over the past 2-3 years I've developed a hereditary turkey neck. I cannot afford an extended recovery time and seek the best alternative solution to invasive surgery. What are my best possibilities?

Running W-Plasty Necklift - enjanced with Fraxel laser skin resurfacing

+2

I have had good success with a procedure called a running W-plasty necklift for a turkey gobbler deformity of the neck, seen more commonly in males. This procedure is done under local or local sedation anesthesia, and is relatively comfortable. I do treat the incision afterwards with four treatments of the Fraxel re:store laser to minimize the appearance of the vertical scar in the center of the neck.

The necklift also allows me access to the platysma neck muscles which undergo surgical tightening at the same time, which not only improves the contour of the neck , but also improves the duration of the procedure over time. I don't have any non-surgical alternatives at this time.

Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

At 68 years of age, surgery is only way to address turkey neck

+2
At 68 years of age, there are going to be three components of the neck that contribute to the turkey neck issue. These are excess skin, loose muscles, and fat both above and below the platysma muscle. The only way to address this is through a full face/neck lift, which will require approximately two weeks of social downtime. A neck lift  will not address the excess skin at age 68. There is no least invasive solution for this problem at that age. Simple liposuction will not work either because of the excess skin and loose muscles. For many examples of male and female facelifting results, please see the link below

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com/photogallery/facelift_photos.html

Direct excision under local anesthesia is the way to go.

+2

I have had great success with direct excision of the turkey neck under local anesthesia. Rather than performing a facelift (lower face and neck lift) to tighten the neck, the hanging tissue is removed directly under the chin. The scar that results is very acceptable cosmetically and heals in a couple weeks. There is little to no down time and essentially no pain. At your consultation, tell the doctor you are interested in a direct submentoplasty.

Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

You have only 2 choices.

+2

A facelift will require a week off work. An excision of just the "gobbler" can be done under local anesthesia but will leave a scar, though most patients prefer this to the "gobbler". There is no "non invasive" way to do this, otherwise we would all be doing it!

Unfortunately there are no reliable non-surgical options.

+1

There are minimally invasive (ie little downtime) procedures that can be done.  However you need to be examined by a board certified plastic surgeon in order to decide which procedure would be most suited for you.  The recovery is faster if the surgical scar is just under the neck/chin area versus when incisions are made behind the ears.

Male neck lift

+1

I see many men in my practice with early changes to the neck. The recovery is typically reasonable and the results can be very dramatic, but without a look of being "operated on" Most men hear from others that they appear to have lost weight.

Take your time finding a surgeon that performs a lot of male facial rejuvenation with many before and after photos

Web reference: http://www.michaellawmd.com

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of Neck?

+1

Based on your description face/neck lifing is  indicated. Nonsurgical options tend to be ineffective;  be very careful because you will be offered these non-surgical treatments that will likely leave you disappointed.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_necklift.htm

Hereditary at 68?

+1

necklift is the gold standard, all 3 components need to be addressed. not necessaruly operated on but addressed. so, lipo alone, lipo plus muscle repair, lipo, muscle and skin. all depends on the anatomy. you see, it's your neck that makes the decision not us.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Treating a turkey neck requires surgery

+1

While many machines and procedures are advertised for treating turkey necks non-surgically, the only route to safe, predictable, appreciable, and lasting improvement is surgery, with a 1-2 week period of bruising and swelling.

Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon