Can V Beam Help Diffused Redness if IPL Didnt Help?

I have had about 8 IPL treatments for pretty bad redness and veins. The IPL helped a lot, mostly with the veins though. I am considering V Beam for the difused redness. I have heard the diffused redness can be easier to treat, but some also said it can be harder to treat than the veins. I am wondering if the IPL hasnt helped the redness, will the V Beam help? I am very scared to have it done, but really want my redness gone! Please help! Thanks for your time.

VBeam for Diffuse Redness

+2

VBeam does work for redness and is more effective than the IPL however you will need several treatments.  If your redness is diffuse, you will need to figure out a way to trigger it so that it is maximally red at the time of the treatment. This way the laser has the best chance of targeting the blood in the dilated capillaries that is behind the red coloration.

Yes, it can work ...

+1
We employ several methods for diffuse redness, including the use of IPL, V BEAM, 755 Alex and also 1064 long pulse Nd Yag paint mode. 

My fav? V Beam. The settings I use for diffuse redness are pretty harsh though, so expect some swelling after the laser treatment. 10-20% of patients do not respond (even with short pulse durations and lots of laser energy), this is when I swap to IPL. 

In resistant cases the use of 1064 can help as they target deeper vessels. 

Regards
Dr Davin Lim
Brisbane, Australia

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

V-Beam for redness

+1

V-beam works well for facial vein as well as redness. The settings and handles on the laser are a bit different for each, but improvement of both problems can be accomplished. Make sure you see an experienced doctor for the procedure.

Gary Goldenberg, MD

Vbeam works the best for redness

+1

Vbeam is the gold standard for redness and generally works better than IPL laser. It will take several treatments atleast one month apart to see the desired results.  Also, you should discuss with your doctor if there are certain foods or creams that are making your Rosacea and flushing worse.

Michele S. Green, MD

VBeam is better than the IPL for redness

+1

The VBeam was specifically designed to take care of redness.  It's actually safer than the IPL because it has DCD cooling which keeps the skin cooler than an IPL and because it is more specific for the redness than the IPL is.  As far as discomfort, the VBeam is extremely comfortable too.  It can take more than one treatment to get optimal results.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

V Beam versus IPL for facial redness

+1

The Vbeam is a pulsed dye laser that specifically targets the color red. IPL (Intense Pulse Light) is a light device that uses a spectrum of light (so it is not a true laser) that targets both red and brown. The VBeam is much more powerful at treating diffuse redness. It usually takes more than one treatment though - so be prepared for that. The VBeam is usually well tollerated. Common side effects include temporary redness, swelling and bruising. It is a very safe laser - so I wouldn't be too scared. Just be sure that you consult with a physician that has a lot of experience with it.

Jennifer Reichel, MD
Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon

Treating facial redness and blushing with a V Beam laser

+1

The pulse dye lasers, including V Beam are more effective in treating vascular redness than the IPL systems.  I would discuss your concerns with an experienced clinician who knows advanced techniques for facial redness. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

V Beam is the gold standard for small vessels

+1

Yes, the 595nm pulsed dye laser (Candela Vbeam) will be much more effective and safer than intense light treatments. I recommend that you consult with a dermatologist to see if you are a candidate. By the way, it is only used on types 1 to 4 skin.

Philip S. H. Hughes, MD
San Antonio Dermatologist