Will V Beam Help with Acne?

I want to go get V Beam treatments for my redness. I also have some acne that is stubborn. I have heard that V Beam can help acne too. If I get the V Beam for the redness, will it also help my acne? Or do they use it differently for redness than they do for acne? Thanks.

VBeam good for both acne and redness associated with it

+2

The VBeam is a rather easily tolerated laser for treatment of redness associated with acne.  It also helps improve the acne.  It is usually done in a series of 3-4 treatments separated by about 3-4 weeks.  Of course, topical medications are needed to treat acne as well.  

VBeam will help acne

+1

Yes. The VBeam can be used as part of a procedure called photodynamic therapy or PDT. In this procedure, a chemical solution is applied to the skin and after a waiting period of a few minutes, the VBeam laser is used to activate the solution. The effect of this is to kill the bacteria that cause acne, resulting in an imrovement in complexion.

Candela's Vbeam clears redness but not acne pustules or comedones

+1

The pulsed dye laser (Candel's Vbeam laser) is great for purpura-free resolution of the redness that accompanies acne (especially adult acne or acne rosacea). The mainstay of acne treatment consists of topical meds to great rid of whiteheads and blackheads and topical and systemic antibacterial agents for the pustules and cysts.

San Antonio Dermatologist

V-Beam for redness

+1

V-beam does not work for acne. However, many patients with acne experience post-acne erythema - redness all over the face. V-beam works great for that.

Vbeam helps with redness and acne

+1

Vbeam helps with the redness caused by acne and also helps treat the acne as well. In addition I may prescribe either topical or oral antibiotics to help correct the problem. Also traditional acne therapy helps a great deal.