Body Lift or Thigh Lift for Stretch Marks on Calves, Hips, and Thighs?

I gained 33 lbs with one pregnancy and 28 lbs with the other. I'm 30 years old, and feel as though my lower body looks 60! I know there is nothing permanent for stretch marks and cellulite removal. I had 6 Fraxel treatments on my legs and there was some improvement. I want to wear shorts again. I would like to get rid of the stretch marks on my hips and calves. Is this possible with a lower body lift or thigh lift? I understand I will have another scar, but its better than many. I have olive skin and always scar lighter than my skin tone.

Body Lift

If you have stretch marks on your hips and thighs, a lower body lift will offer you the best procedure by removing the excess, damaged skin.  A thigh lift only removes thigh skin.  Fraxel will probably make no or minimal change.

2121 East Coast Highway
Newport Beach, CA 92625

Stretch marks

If the stretch marks are within an area where they can be excised then that will help.

THERE IS NO TREATMENT FOT THIGH LIFT. FRAXEL IS JUNK MEDICINE, designed to part you with your money.

10 East 31 Street
Baltimore, MD 21218

Body lift or thigh lift for stretch marks

1. A BODY LIFT = Buttock lift + bilateral Lateral Thigh Lifts + Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck)

2. Stretch marks are NOT superficial markings. They are through and through CRACKS in the skin that filled with scar tissue. Therefore short of removing them with surgery - there is NO WAY currently available to just erase them.

A Body Lift WOULD remove the stretch marks in the sagging skin just below the incision and, depending on the skin sag, as much as 3 to 8 inches below the incision.

As such some of the stretchmarks on your buttocks, upper thighs and lower tummy would definitely be removed, there is NO WAY for those on the calves and ankles to be removed.

6401 Poplar Avenue
Memphis, TN 38119

Getting rid of stretch marks

Stretch marks are particularly troublesome to many of my patients who are new moms. Depending on the severity of the stretch marks and their locations, sometimes a surgical procedure to remove the damaged skin (i.e abdominoplasty or lower body lift) is a more effective choice. For my patients who have scars that are not amenable to surgical removal, I have had very good success with a combination laser treatment with the Pixel Fractionated Erbium Laser and Skin Tightening Laser. Cellulite can also be addressed with non-surgical Accent RFA laser treatments.

Kevin Brenner, MD, FACS

465 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Thhis hips streach marks

Body lift will removed the stretch marks from the abdomen, waist and back. Stretch marks located in other areas have to be evaluated to have a direct excision or other dermatological treatments including fractional lasers.

Alejandro J. Quiroz, MD, FACS
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Vida - Calle Brasilia #1 Col. El Paraiso
Tijuana, BC 22106

Body Contouring

If you have realistic expectations, a body lift would be able to remove some of the damaged, loose skin you've described in your lower body, but a thigh lift would not be able to accomplish results in your calves. Please consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon.

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

6216 Fayetteville Rd
Durham, NC 27713

How to improve stretch mark appearance

Stretch marks are areas of your skin where you have lost elasticity which resulted in scar formation and loss of pigment. Early treatment with retin-a cream while the marks are still red has shown to be of some help. Deep fractional laser resurfacing, not Fraxel which is usually superficial, may benefit more mature stretch marks. If the pigmentation difference is your major concern I suggest topical bronzers if they match your natural skin tone. Skin excision will remove the stretch marks if they are located in the right areas but of course this procedure will leave you with other scars that hopefully are easier to hide.

Andrew Goldberg, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

3700 Joseph Siewick Dr
Fairfax, VA 22033

Cellulite of the legs treatable with Cellulaze

Your picture shows stretch marks and loss of elasticity of the skin of the medial knee, posterior thigh, and calf, also with what I suspect is some residual fatty tissue in these areas. Cellulaze uses a fiber optic laser under the skin to melt fat and apply the laser light/heat energy to the deep layer of the skin. This results in fat loss and skin tightening. It will not erase the stretch marks, but may make them less noticeable as the surrounding skin is tightened. A thigh lift is designed to treat a much more significant skin excess than what you have, and would leave you with a visible scar as well the residual stretch marks.  

Robert J. Carpenter, MD
Cumberland Plastic Surgeon

217 Glenn St.
Cumberland, MD 21502

Stretch marks can be difficult to address

Thank you for the question and the photos.  The stretch marks on your outer thighs and calves will not be addressed with a lower body lift of thigh lift.  You may want to spot treat some of the stretch marks with fractional CO2 laser.  Doing so you can compare the treated and non treated areas and decide for yourself if the improvement is worth the price.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

8900 E Raintree Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85260

Cellulaze Best for Cellulite Reduction

Thank you for your question. I would suggest Cellulaze to reduce your cellulite. Cellulaze is the only minimally invasive laser procedure designed to attack the structure of cellulite beneath your skin. Cellulaze is backed by many years of clinical research. Studies have shown it increases the thickness of your skin by 25% and the elasticity of your skin by 29%—significant claims that haven't been made by any other treatments. Thicker and more elastic skin can help flatten and smooth the skin surface to improve the appearance of cellulite. In addition, 93% of patients surveyed were satisfied or very satisfied with their results at one year post their procedure, and all would recommend the Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment to a friend.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

5410 N. Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85253