Body Lift or Thigh Lift for Stretch Marks on Calves, Hips, and Thighs?

I gained 33 lbs with one pregnancy and 28 lbs with the other. I'm 30 years old, and feel as though my lower body looks 60! I know there is nothing permanent for stretch marks and cellulite removal. I had 6 Fraxel treatments on my legs and there was some improvement. I want to wear shorts again. I would like to get rid of the stretch marks on my hips and calves. Is this possible with a lower body lift or thigh lift? I understand I will have another scar, but its better than many. I have olive skin and always scar lighter than my skin tone.

Body Lift

+3

If you have stretch marks on your hips and thighs, a lower body lift will offer you the best procedure by removing the excess, damaged skin.  A thigh lift only removes thigh skin.  Fraxel will probably make no or minimal change.

Stretch marks

+3

If the stretch marks are within an area where they can be excised then that will help.

THERE IS NO TREATMENT FOT THIGH LIFT. FRAXEL IS JUNK MEDICINE, designed to part you with your money.

Body lift or thigh lift for stretch marks

+2

2 comments:

1. A BODY LIFT = Buttock lift + bilateral Lateral Thigh Lifts + Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck)

2. Stretch marks are NOT superficial markings. They are through and through CRACKS in the skin that filled with scar tissue. Therefore short of removing them with surgery - there is NO WAY currently available to just erase them.

A Body Lift WOULD remove the stretch marks in the sagging skin just below the incision and, depending on the skin sag, as much as 3 to 8 inches below the incision.

As such some of the stretchmarks on your buttocks, upper thighs and lower tummy would definitely be removed, there is NO WAY for those on the calves and ankles to be removed.

Sorry.

Getting rid of stretch marks

+2

Stretch marks are particularly troublesome to many of my patients who are new moms. Depending on the severity of the stretch marks and their locations, sometimes a surgical procedure to remove the damaged skin (i.e abdominoplasty or lower body lift) is a more effective choice. For my patients who have scars that are not amenable to surgical removal, I have had very good success with a combination laser treatment with the Pixel Fractionated Erbium Laser and Skin Tightening Laser. Cellulite can also be addressed with non-surgical Accent RFA laser treatments.

Cellulite of the legs treatable with Cellulaze

+1

Your picture shows stretch marks and loss of elasticity of the skin of the medial knee, posterior thigh, and calf, also with what I suspect is some residual fatty tissue in these areas. Cellulaze uses a fiber optic laser under the skin to melt fat and apply the laser light/heat energy to the deep layer of the skin. This results in fat loss and skin tightening. It will not erase the stretch marks, but may make them less noticeable as the surrounding skin is tightened. A thigh lift is designed to treat a much more significant skin excess than what you have, and would leave you with a visible scar as well the residual stretch marks.  

Cumberland Plastic Surgeon

Stretch marks can be difficult to address

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos.  The stretch marks on your outer thighs and calves will not be addressed with a lower body lift of thigh lift.  You may want to spot treat some of the stretch marks with fractional CO2 laser.  Doing so you can compare the treated and non treated areas and decide for yourself if the improvement is worth the price.

Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: http://drrepta.com

Cellulaze Best for Cellulite Reduction

+1
Thank you for your question. I would suggest Cellulaze to reduce your cellulite. Cellulaze is the only minimally invasive laser procedure designed to attack the structure of cellulite beneath your skin. Cellulaze is backed by many years of clinical research. Studies have shown it increases the thickness of your skin by 25% and the elasticity of your skin by 29%—significant claims that haven't been made by any other treatments. Thicker and more elastic skin can help flatten and smooth the skin surface to improve the appearance of cellulite. In addition, 93% of patients surveyed were satisfied or very satisfied with their results at one year post their procedure, and all would recommend the Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment to a friend.

Web reference: http://www.shapiroplasticsurgery.com/blog/cellulaze-laser-treatment

Thigh Lift or Body Lift For Stretch Marks ?

+1

Nothing completely eracses stretch marks.  Lasers and creams may make the color blend better, but the broken elastic fibers that cause stretch marks do not knit themselves back together.  A body lift or thigh lift tighten the skin which helps to make the stretch marks less visible.  The right operation for your circumstances depends on where you have loose skin and where you would prefer to conceal the surgical scars.  You will need a personal consult to make an important decision such as this.

Web reference: http://www.maryleepetersmd.com

It is possible to remove stretch marks with a body lift and/or a thigh lift!!!

+1

BODY LIFT OR THIGH LIFT FOR STRETCH MARKS ON CALVES, HIPS, AND THIGHS

Dear Mary:

I understand your concern regarding stretch marks of your hips and calves.  It is possible to remove stretch marks with a body lift and/or a thigh lift.  This depends on where the stretch marks are and if the proposed skin excision encompasses the stretch marks that want to be removed. 

If the stretch marks are on the upper outer portion of the hip, typically in the saddle bag region, this usually can be removed with a circumferential or 360-body lift.  If the stretch marks are further down on your hips around the knee area on the outside portion, this may not be able to be removed with a body lift.  Alternatively, if you have scars on your inner thighs, these can be removed with a medial or inner thigh lift. 

Typically, the incision for an inner thigh lift goes from the groin to the inner knee and removed an ellipse or extended football shaped amount of skin and fat from the inner thigh.  If the stretch marks are on the inner leg, therefore a thigh lift may be a good solution.

If you have stretch marks on your calves, these can be eliminated with a calf reduction.  Typically, when I do calf reductions, an incision is made from the medial or inner knee down to the inner ankle.  This removes excess skin and fat from the inner calf region and eliminates stretch marks in those areas.

Thank you,

_________________________
J. Timothy Katzen, MD, FACS

Treatment for stretch marks

+1

Best to be examined by a board certified plastic surgeon for the best advice but if you have excess skin as well as  stretch marks on your thighs, a thigh lift may help BUT it is a large surgery with scarring and you need to weigh the pro's and con's of having this procedure and whether it's worth it.  That is why a consultation is important to get all of the information.

Best Wishes!

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/weightloss.htm