How Much Cc is Needed to Achieve Full C Breasts?

I am 31 years old, 5'4 & 145 pounds. I have had 1 singleton pregnancy and twins; I breast fed all three. I wear a 36B, however, the B cup is not filled out in the top part of the bra--it's a little loose. I am getting smooth, round, moderate plus profile silicone implants. I would like to be a full C, but I don't want to look fat or too big. I have been told 370, 450, & 500 by 3 different docs. Based on my pictures, what cc would you recommend?

Implant size

+2

This is all discussed in consultation and after a thorough exam. Measurement are taken and sizes are determined at that time. I send patients home with an approximate volume that they should try out at home.  If they want more or less they tell me. If it is within reason, then we go forward.

Choice of implants for a C cup

+2

I don't have the benefit of your dimensional measurements but you do have a fullness in the muscles in your chest and the type of body that tends to look big quickly. Also at 5'4", you will look bigger quicker. I would say that the 450 and 500 implants would look very big on you for sure! I would also recommend a periareolar lift to elevate your low nipples and reduce the areolar diameter a bit. Check the photos on my web site.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Recommended CCs

+1
There are several factors that plastic surgeons consider when recommending implant sizes. I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1. Dimensional planning
2. Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

How much cc is needed to achieve full 'C' breasts?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, lift, etc). I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width.

Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Proper Implant Selection

+1

Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection to replace an in office exam and good communication with a board certified plastic surgeon.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

How to choose your breast implant size

+1

Choosing breast implant size (or CC's) is a personal decision that should be made with your surgeon.  There is a certain range of sizes that will "fit" your body. The best way to decide is to try them on. In my office, my patients are given a brea, implants of different sizes, and then they can see exactly what they will look like after the surgery. Sometimes my patients even borrow the implants for a few hours to go shopping or go out for lunch. It is like "test driving" the size and has been really helpful. I find this much more useful than expensive computer imaging programs available.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Cc's vs. cup size

+1

There is no accurate formula to translate cc's and cup size. Bra cup sizes are based on designer and manufacturer criteria and not consistent. The best way to determine the appropriate implant size is to start with measurement of your chest, breast and tissue coverage. That should leave you with a very narrow range of implants - not the wide range you mentioned in your question. Then you can take the implants that fit your body and try them in a bra/cup size that you like. If you achieve the look you desire then proceed with the surgery. You will be happy with the results. The proportionate look after surgery is more important than your cup size and it will also give you the most "natural' look. The bigger implant you choose, typically the more problems you will have. Make sure your implant matches the measurements of your body.

Bahram Ghaderi, MD

Different idea for augmentation to achieve C cup breasts

+1

Your question sure has generated many responses. All the advice you have received from the other Plastic surgeons makes sense. You should decide what size you like and not worry about how many "cc's" the implant is or what size bra you fit into. However, one way to work backwards is to go pick out a bra you want to be able to wear after the surgery and have the surgeon sterilize it and hold it over you augmented breasts in the OR with "sizers" in place. Then you at least know that you will be in the range you like. Given your pictures I would also be in favor of implants in the high 300 or low 400 range for you (375 ish). However, that might require that you also consider a breast lift at the same time. Good luck!

Daniel Sherick, MD
Ann Arbor Plastic Surgeon

Implant Sizing

+1

Difficult to say what size but it all depends on your measurement and what you are trying to achieve. Using sizers in the consultation or using the rice test would help you, this is a link to how to perform the rice test : http://www.feplasticsurgery.com/journal/orange-county-breast-augmentation-sizing/66/

One other thing that needs to be addressed is the fact that you are bit asymmetric and the lift size is somewhat more ptotic. You may need a circumareolar mastopexy to address this.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Very large breast implants are a bad idea.

+1

Hi!

1) I think you will be very unhappy with 450 cc's or 500 cc's. You will look buxom and fake. Very large breast implants stretch your tissues and age badly. This is not good judgement.

2) 370 cc's is at the upper end of what you may need. You have a fair amount of your own breast volume, and you don't want to be larger than a full C.

3) Here's the important point : I think it is a mistake to select final size in advance because, no matter how good an eye I may think I have, it is just an educated guess. We put disposable implant SIZERS in your breasts DURING surgery, before the permanent implants are opened. This way we can see exactly how a particular size looks in your body, and there is no guess work. A sizer costs only $45, and it is discarded at the end of your operation.

4) This approach requires having a large inventory of different implants available in the operating room, and many busy plastic surgeons have this.

5) Your left breast is a little larger and saggier. This asymmetry should be addressed.

6) You may find the breast augmentation page on our web site useful.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)