How Much Cc is Needed to Achieve Full C Breasts?

I am 31 years old, 5'4 & 145 pounds. I have had 1 singleton pregnancy and twins; I breast fed all three. I wear a 36B, however, the B cup is not filled out in the top part of the bra--it's a little loose. I am getting smooth, round, moderate plus profile silicone implants. I would like to be a full C, but I don't want to look fat or too big. I have been told 370, 450, & 500 by 3 different docs. Based on my pictures, what cc would you recommend?

How to choose your breast implant size

+2

Choosing breast implant size (or CC's) is a personal decision that should be made with your surgeon.  There is a certain range of sizes that will "fit" your body. The best way to decide is to try them on. In my office, my patients are given a brea, implants of different sizes, and then they can see exactly what they will look like after the surgery. Sometimes my patients even borrow the implants for a few hours to go shopping or go out for lunch. It is like "test driving" the size and has been really helpful. I find this much more useful than expensive computer imaging programs available.

Very large breast implants are a bad idea.

+2

Hi!

1) I think you will be very unhappy with 450 cc's or 500 cc's. You will look buxom and fake. Very large breast implants stretch your tissues and age badly. This is not good judgement.

2) 370 cc's is at the upper end of what you may need. You have a fair amount of your own breast volume, and you don't want to be larger than a full C.

3) Here's the important point : I think it is a mistake to select final size in advance because, no matter how good an eye I may think I have, it is just an educated guess. We put disposable implant SIZERS in your breasts DURING surgery, before the permanent implants are opened. This way we can see exactly how a particular size looks in your body, and there is no guess work. A sizer costs only $45, and it is discarded at the end of your operation.

4) This approach requires having a large inventory of different implants available in the operating room, and many busy plastic surgeons have this.

5) Your left breast is a little larger and saggier. This asymmetry should be addressed.

6) You may find the breast augmentation page on our web site useful.

Choice of implants for a C cup

+2

I don't have the benefit of your dimensional measurements but you do have a fullness in the muscles in your chest and the type of body that tends to look big quickly. Also at 5'4", you will look bigger quicker. I would say that the 450 and 500 implants would look very big on you for sure! I would also recommend a periareolar lift to elevate your low nipples and reduce the areolar diameter a bit. Check the photos on my web site.

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsurgery.com

Proper Implant Selection

+1

Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection to replace an in office exam and good communication with a board certified plastic surgeon.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Cc's vs. cup size

+1

There is no accurate formula to translate cc's and cup size. Bra cup sizes are based on designer and manufacturer criteria and not consistent. The best way to determine the appropriate implant size is to start with measurement of your chest, breast and tissue coverage. That should leave you with a very narrow range of implants - not the wide range you mentioned in your question. Then you can take the implants that fit your body and try them in a bra/cup size that you like. If you achieve the look you desire then proceed with the surgery. You will be happy with the results. The proportionate look after surgery is more important than your cup size and it will also give you the most "natural' look. The bigger implant you choose, typically the more problems you will have. Make sure your implant matches the measurements of your body.

Web reference: http://www.stcharlesplasticsurgery.com/html/breast-augmentation.html

Different idea for augmentation to achieve C cup breasts

+1

Your question sure has generated many responses. All the advice you have received from the other Plastic surgeons makes sense. You should decide what size you like and not worry about how many "cc's" the implant is or what size bra you fit into. However, one way to work backwards is to go pick out a bra you want to be able to wear after the surgery and have the surgeon sterilize it and hold it over you augmented breasts in the OR with "sizers" in place. Then you at least know that you will be in the range you like. Given your pictures I would also be in favor of implants in the high 300 or low 400 range for you (375 ish). However, that might require that you also consider a breast lift at the same time. Good luck!

Ann Arbor Plastic Surgeon

Implant Sizing

+1

Difficult to say what size but it all depends on your measurement and what you are trying to achieve. Using sizers in the consultation or using the rice test would help you, this is a link to how to perform the rice test : http://www.feplasticsurgery.com/journal/orange-county-breast-augmentation-sizing/66/

One other thing that needs to be addressed is the fact that you are bit asymmetric and the lift size is somewhat more ptotic. You may need a circumareolar mastopexy to address this.

Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.feplasticsurgery.com/orange-county-breastaugmentation-breastimplants-newport-beach.php

Implant size

+1

This is all discussed in consultation and after a thorough exam. Measurement are taken and sizes are determined at that time. I send patients home with an approximate volume that they should try out at home.  If they want more or less they tell me. If it is within reason, then we go forward.

Breast implant size-the "look" vs the Cup size

+1

You should be concerned with the"look" and not the cup size. It is impossible to know exactly the cup size that will result with any size implant. I find that one of the best ways to determine the right size implants are as follows.
1. Have the patient try on the implants in a stretch bra with a clingy top to obtain the look they want
2. Have the patient show the doctor pictures of how they want to look
3. The surgeon should be able to put that information together to determine a general grouping of implant sizes and styles. He will consider the size of the breast and the chest in his analysis. He should also tell you the positives and negatives of going larger or smaller.

Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

It all depends

+1

You have what appears to be a large chest, so adding a significant volume to your breasts would be easy, but as you are concerned with looking too big, or fat, it is necessary to try on a larger bra, put a sizer in it and then put your clothes over that to see how you look. This is an easy thing to do and your plastic surgeon should be able to asist you in making a decision.

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon