Can 300cc or 275cc Breast Implants Give Same Effect As 325cc?

I'm scheduled to get a breast augmentation this Wednesday and am still wondering if I chose the correct size. I'm 5'7", 123 lbs. I'm a small A with 30" chest diameter. Usually wear 34A. I'd like to be a small C and chose 325cc moderate pluse unders. I'm wondering if 300cc or even 275cc would be a better choice, or would that be too small for my height and chest width? Just looking for input. Thank you!

275 vs 325 cc?

+3

With silicone implants, most of my patients with relatively narrow chest walls like yours prefer High Profile implants when the volume gets over 300 cc or so (Mentor).  The appearance is more sleek and youthful.  My patients and I do see the subtle differences 25 cc can make, not to mention 50 cc changes.  Overall, it seems that you have not spent enough time with implant sizers to solidify your goals.  

Implant Size Issues

+2
It is very difficult to determine the exact size and shape of implant that will get you the results you desire without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be tough to answer your question. For example your native base width of your breast will determine in many cases the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Additional critical decisions will also be made by your plastic surgeon such as: whether your implants will be above or below your pectoralis muscle. These choices are recommended to you based on the look you desire, the amount of sagging you may have, and other deciding factors. I always find it helpful for patients to bring in photos from my or other plastic surgeons’ websites to illustrate what they would like to look like. I bring these photos to the operating room for reference during surgery so that I have the advantage of “seeing through my patient’s eyes” to achieve their wishes.
I personally order more than one set of implant sizes and use sterile sizers placed in the pocket during surgery to know in advance exactly which implant would work best for you. Software morphing programs can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn't work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts).
My advice is to accept advice from your board certified plastic surgeon after a formal consultation and examination with measurements.. If still confused don't hesitate to get a second opinion.

Web reference: https://pacificcenterplasticsurgery.com/procedures/breast/augmentation/

Choosing the size

+2

You should never choose the size of the implant but instead choose the look that you want. The easiest way to decided on the best look is to show some photos. If you show a natural breast vs. a fake looking breast, your ps should be able to take that information and put it together with the breast tissue you have and your measurements and come up with an exact size that will fit you. If you are trying to decide on the ccs based on what your friend, family member, or someone on the internet has, you won't be happy with the result since just as your 2 breasts are different, every woman in the world has different breasts. Don't focus on the ccs. That is for us!

Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Implant Selection

+2

There will be a different effect/size with the use of the smaller implants.   Based on your height and weight, it seems that 325 would be a good choice, but your surgeon is the one who can tell more based on your chestwall and breast measurements.

Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection to replace an in office exam and good communication with a board certified plastic surgeon.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Implant Size

+2

It is common for a patient to have second thoughts on the day of breast augmentation surgery in terms of the ultimate size and profile of the implants. At this point, you have had a thorough conversation with the board certified plastic surgeon regarding your lifestage, lifestyle, medical condition, and objectives.  I am sure that the surgeon's recommendation takes into account these factors as well as the size and proportion of your breasts. At this point if you are comfortable with the surgeon, then go with his/her expertise and experience.

Breast implants

+2

The best person to answer this question would of course be your surgeon. No one here could really give you an accurate answer without seeing you. But 325 isn't that big and you are a taller person. As far as your question, can 325 give the same effect as 275 or 300 , well of course no.

One size difference

+2

The difference between the two sizes is less than an ounce. I would usually go with the bigger implant but my preference is to have both sizes available and use a sizer at  the time of surgery. If your tissue will accept the larger implant and it looks okay, then I use that size. Talk if over with your surgeon.

Implant size and breast augmentation

+2

Given your frame size, I don't think 325cc breast implants would be too big.  If you want to be a small C cup, I believe you will be very close with this size implant.

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Implant Sizing: Differences Between 325cc, 300cc & 275cc

+1

The question of breast implant size is always difficult for prospective breast augmentation patients. For this reason, multiple approaches are utilized to make this determination pre-operatively. These include reviewing magazine photographs, external sizers and recently the 3D Vectra computer imager to name a few.

Even when tremendous care is taken pre-operatively to determine breast size, the final decision needs to be made in the operating room by the surgeon. At this point, an assessment can be made regarding how the patient’s breast tissue interacts with the breast implant. Occasionally, obtaining a specific size does not allow the surgeon to meet the patients other aesthetic goals. For this reason, locking into a specific size isn’t always a good idea. Results are often better when a surgeon has the ability to make adjustments in the operating room.

It’s also important to realize that for many patients, a 50cc difference in breast size would be difficult to notice. In reality, a 50cc difference is less than four tablespoons which is spread out in three dimensions over the implant.

In your case, I think it’s important to thoroughly discuss your aesthetic goals with your surgeon. Make sure he has the latitude to do what’s best for you in the operating room so he can meet your aesthetic goals. It’s important that you have an approximate idea of the breast implant size that you are considering, but don’t become married to an absolute number. 

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size

+1

Much of the final “look” achieved after breast augmentation surgery  depends on several factors:

1. The initial shape, size (volume of breast tissue), symmetry of the patient's breasts. In general, the better the  preoperative breast appearance the more likely the breast augmentation “look” will be optimal.
2. The experience/skill level of the surgeon is important in determining the final outcome. For example, the accurate and gentle dissection of the breast implant pockets are critical in producing  long-term  well-placed breast implants. I personally think that these 2 factors are more important than any others, including type (saline or silicone)  or model (low/moderate/high profile)  of implant.
3. The type of implant used may  determine the final outcome, especially if the patient does not have significant covering breast or adipose tissue. For example, some surgeons feel that silicone implants have a more natural look and feel than saline implants because silicone gel has a texture that is similar to breast tissue. Each patient differs in the amount of breast tissue that they have.  If a patient has enough breast tissue to cover the implant, the final result will be similar when comparing saline implants versus silicone gel implants.  If a patient has very low body fat and/or very little breast tissue, the silicone gel implants may provide a more "natural" result.
On the other hand, saline implants have some advantages over silicone implants. Silicone implant ruptures are harder to detect. When saline implants rupture, they deflate and the results are seen almost immediately. When silicone implants rupture, the breast often looks and feels the same because the silicone gel may leak into surrounding areas of the breast without a visible difference.  Patients may need an MRI to diagnose a silicone gel rupture.   Saline implants are also less expensive than the silicone gel implants.
Other differences involve how the breast implants are filled. Saline implants are filled after they’re implanted, so saline implants require a smaller incision than prefilled silicone breast implants.
On May 10, 2000, the FDA granted approval of saline-filled breast implants manufactured by Mentor Corporation and McGhan Medical. To date, all other manufacturers’ saline-filled breast implants are considered investigational.
As of 2006, the FDA has approved the use of silicone gel implants manufactured by the Mentor Corporation and Allergan (formerly McGhan) for breast augmentation surgery for patients over the age of 22.
4. The size and model of breast implant used may  make a  significant difference in the final outcome. Therefore, it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/choosing-your-size.htm