Non Surgical Rhinoplasty Possible on a Hook Nose?

I am very insecure about my nose. It has gotten to a point where I can't bear to talk to someone without thinking they are staring at the hump, or take photos. I can't wear hats, and I have to wear my hair and makeup a certain way to take attention away from it. My insecurity is taking over my life. I hate it.

My nose has a hump and turns down when I smile, so it looks a bit like a hook. It looks like Ashley Simpson's nose before the surgery. Can a non surgery nose job correct my nose?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Perhaps but

+1

Hi,

First off, I hope you realize that you have to take a few steps back and re-evaluate your emotions and feelings towards your nose and face. There are plenty of people out there with nearly perfect faces who are still insecure about perceived imperfections and there are also people out there with horrible birth defects or other facial defects who lead very happy and fruitfull lives with no insecurities. Most people fall somewhere in between. But regardless, your level of emotional disatisfaction with your nose is not heatlhy and must be addressed first. Your nose should not ruine your satisfaction with your life.

Now, if you have a bump that can be filled above or below to give you a more straight profile then non surgical rhinoplasty may be an option using non-permanent fillers. Most people though are not ideal candidates and require correction of the profile AND te tip position to get a nice overall look to the nose.

Be safe.

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

A hook nose can be helped with non-surgical rhinoplasty

+1
Yes. Your nose can be made to look better with small amounts of filler (Juvederm). When the dorsal hump is smaller, the results tend to look more natural. Filler can be also used in the tip region to better define the tip. Seek a consultation with a facial plastic surgeon.
Virginia Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Softening a dorsal hump with nonsurgical rhinoplasty

+1

Depending on the size of your hump, a nonsurgical rhinoplasty may or may not be able to improve the appearance of your nose. Sometimes adding volume in the area of your bridge above your hump (radix) will cause your profile to look straigther and effectively disguise the hump. If your hump is very large, then it is a much better option to reduce the hump rather trying to build up the rest of the bridge to match it.

I don't think you're a good candidate for a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty.

+1

A Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty may camouflage the appearance of a small nose-hump, but you have to start with a small nose. Injectable Fillers placed above the hump would likely lead to a larger appearance that I doubt you'd find attractive.

You should consult with a board-certified, experienced, Rhinoplasty Specialist to discuss your options.

I've attached a link to my Rhinoplasty photos for your perusal.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/index.cfm/ProcedureNameID/90/PageID/4141

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non surgical rhinoplasty for hook nose

+1

Is it "possible"? - Sure. Anything is possible. (People have been injecting everything you can think of in the noses for well over 100 years including silicone grease and candle wax...)
Will it bring about a straight line smoothing of your hump ? - Probably not.

Putting fillers along the nasal dorsum was meant to mask small irregularities and give the illusion of a straight nasal dorsum with SMALL depression. It was never meant and can never hope to successfully deal with nasal "humps".

If your goal is a complete correction of your nose, consult with a few nose surgeons and hear what they have to say to you. If you hear the same comments repeated - you should probably heed them.

Traditionally, a nasal hump is made from the nasal bones the the upper lateral cartilages. When the hump is removed, the roof of the nose is thereby removed. To do so, the side walls need to be moved to the center and at the top pushed against one another. This is done by breaking the nose along its walls. This is a VERY effective surgical technique and if you admire the starlet above's result - you should really consider it.

Good Luck.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.