Non-surgical Nose Job for Ethnic Nose?

Will a non surgical nose job work on ethnic noses to refine the tip of the nose, or for african american noses with a wide tip?

Limitations of non surgical rhinoplasty

+1

Non surgical rhinoplasty refers to injection of fillers into the nose to smooth humps or irregularities. Injection of fillers is not helpful is refining the tip. Tip refinement requires cartilage reshaping or cartilage grafting. That task is more challenging in African Americans due to thicker skin which can conceal subtle changes in the shape of cartilage.

A Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty is not the best way to refine a wide nasal tip.

+1

Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty involves using Injectable Fillers in your nose. I have used this technique to camouflage irregularuties in the tip, but I think their utility in narrowing your tip is limited.

I've attached a link to my Rhinoplasty photos for your perusal.

I hope this is helpful, and best regards.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-Surgical Nose Job for the Ethnic Nose

+1

Non-surgical nose jobs work well if they are used for the correct indications. Typically it is best to use it in cases in which a standard rhinoplasty is not the best option. For example is minor fine tuning of asymmetries or subtle changes in a revision rhinoplasty patient. Some patients want see what it would look like if they were to have a rhinoplasty. In general, stay away from permanent fillers. In case you choose to have a rhinoplasty in the future these fillers can make the operation more difficult.

Amir M. Karam, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon