How Much Does Keloid Removal Cost?

My boyfriend has a keloid. How much do you think it would cost me to get it removed?

Keloid Cryotherapy

+1

Hi Sabrina, the cost will depend on treatment method used. This will in turn depend on location of keloid, its size, and the experience of the treating physician. Common approaches are: injections in the substance of the keloid, freezing (CRYO therapy) with liquid nitrogen, surgical excision, lasers (Dye or CO2). Often, combination procedures are done.

Detroit Dermatologic Surgeon

Keloid removal

+1

If the keloid is small, sometimes injections of steroids can help. If it is large, then usually excision and a series of steroid injections are recommended as first line treatment.  The fees vary from region to region and size of the lesion.  The best thing to do is go for a consultation.

Keloid treatment costs.

+1

This depends on the techniques utilized.

Injections, typcially steroids, may be adequate but require 2-4 sessions at a cost of $75-250 per treatment. Additional medications ( 5-FU, Aldara, etc) have been recommended but steroids are the standard of care.

Other procedures such as surgery or radiation therapy may vary tremendously based on the size and the number of treatments required. This can vary from $500 up to thousands.

Topical pressure treatments of silicone gel therapy may be required to maintain the result with materials ranging from $50-200.