Cost to Dissolve Juvederm Same As Juvederm Injections?

I want to dissolve Juvederm from top of my mouth. Does it cost as much to remove Juvederm as it does to inject Juvederm? I have too much on my left side and it's uneven.

Hyaluronidase injections are not as costly

+3

Hyaluronidase per vials is a lot less expensive than fillers like juvederm and restylane. For this you are paying for the cost of the time from the injector and will depend on their rates on an hourly basis. For your lips, I wouldn't expect that would be more than $250 more or less. The doctor or injector that did your procedure should really help you with this to help you achieve the best results.

Don't worry, you can get your lips the way you want; it's not actually that hard as it seems. Before you get injections in your lips, it is helpful to go to a doctor with a great sense of aesthetics.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hyaluronidase to dissolve Juvederm

+1

I'm sorry to hear about your experience.  Please seek out a board certified experienced injector who has a thorough knowledge of the facial anatomy and can help you achieve a more symmetrical result.  The cost will depend on the skill of the injector.  Please keep in mind that the cost of hyaluronidase alone is also quite expensive.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Hyaluronidase Costs

+1

While fees and policies vary from practice to practice, hyaluronidase per vials is a lot less expensive than fillers like juvederm and restylane.  Like with the original filler, it is best to go to an experienced physician to request hyaluronidase performed.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Cost to Dissolve Juvederm--Free or Less than Juvederm Injections

+1

Hyaluronidase dissolves hyaluronic acid fillers (Juvederm, Restylane, Perlane) and can be very useful if an area needs to be reduced.

Very occasionally I need to reduce an area or a small bump from an area I have injected with Juvederm. In that case I do not charge the patient  and treat them for free as I consider this part of the original treatment.

I do have patients who come in after being treated elsewhere and request that I dissolve an area. They do not have the original injector do it either because the injector doesn't know about it hyaluronidase, or the patient has lost confidence in the injector because of a bad result. In those cases I charge a fee based on how much of the hyaluronidase is required. It is not as expensive as Juvederm but it is expensive and unfortunately, it is in short supply from the manufacturer right now.

Elaine R. Cook, MD
Amarillo Dermatologist

Up to the Physician

+1

I can not speak for other physicians. The only time I have used hyaluronidase, I did not charge the patient. Her small "lump" was in the upper naso-labial fold ( smile line) and was not visible and barely palable. She presented one week after the injections, but was impatient so I injected the hyaluronidase.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Cost of Dissolving Juvederm

+1
Juvederm is a great facial injection.  However, if too much product is place or injected too superficially it may need to be dissolved with Hyaluronidase.  The Hyaluronidase should cost approximately $250 per injection.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with Juvederm for the best cosmetic results.

Michele S. Green, MD