How Deep Do Juvederm Injections Go?

I'm considering Juvederm on my smile folds. How far does the needle have to go in?

Juvederm injections are a few millimeters deep

+1

As Dr. Zingaro mentioned, there are two versions of Juvederm. Juvederm Ultra is thinner and Juvederm Ultra Plus is thicker. Generally, the thinner version is used in more delicate areas such as the lip while the thicker version is used elsewhere such as the smile folds. The thicker Juvederm is injected slightly deeper as it can be visible if injected too superficially. I inject the Ultra Plus immediately below the dermis. In most people this is about an eighth of an inch. Most patients opt for numbing and there are a variety of methods to do this and all should keep discomfort to a minimum.

Hope this helps.

Naples Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm

+1

Juvederm comes in 2 different flavors, Juvederm Ultra and Juvederm Ultra Plus.  Both are injected into the dermis of the skin.  Ultra is injected more superficially than Plus.

Edmond A. Zingaro, MD