Breast Implants to Lift Slightly Sagging Breasts?

Will breast implants improve my slightly sagging breasts without a lift or will I need a lift as well? My chest lacks volume (I have lost alot of weight), and my breasts are far apart, deflated and a bit saggy from the front. But from the side, the nipple and areola are well above the crease.

I'm 22 and plan to have kids and breast feed them someday. I'm 5'4 and 128 pounds and my bra size is a small 34B (Breast width=13cm). I'd like to be a full C-D cup again (that was my cup size when I was heavier). What kind of implants would suit me best?

Breast Implants Will Improve Sagging Breasts But May Need Lift after Future Pregnancy

+4

From your photo Breast Implants alone should give you a nice result. However after your future planned pregnancy you may well need a Breast Lift

Implants usually don't give much of a lift

+4

The position of the nipple rarely changes with breast augmentation.  What does happen is the loose skin may be stretched and filled in by the implant.   The only way to lift the nipple is with a breast lift.  You may however get enough fullness with the augmentation that you will be happy with the nipple position.  A lift can always be done later if needed.

Dev Wali, MD
Claremont Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant with Lift?

+4
Judging purely by your photos, you may be fine with an implant only. There can be argument whether it should be subglandular versus submuscular versus dual plane. You have enough lower pole tissue that a dual plane would help you and give the result you need without the down fall of subglandular implants.
I would try to match the implant to your base diameter and you may benefit with a higher projecting implant to get you the fill and as much lift as possible.
Just remember only through an exam can it really be decided if you need a lift.
Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Implants Won't Lift But Will Fill Your Breasts

+3

Your nipple is at or above hte fold, and you have lost a lot of upper pole fullness. As long as you do not mind the fold of your breast getting a bit longer, and do not mind being full (C-D range), and given your agee, I say an implant alone may be best for you.

After you have kids, or on down the road a few years, a lift would be more beneficial and acceptable to you.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS

Breast Implants would provide you with lift and fullness

+3

Looking at your photos, you have some volume loss but not a huge amount of ptosis or sagging. We grade sagging into 4 categories. It can range from minimal sagging, to severe ptosis where the nipple and breast tissue is way below your crease at the base of the breast. Implants in your case would improve the fullness and slightly lift the breast and nipple. If you truly want to be a full C-D, then a round, moderate profile silicone implant would work best. An incision in the crease would give you a great result as it would be minimally visible. Eliminating the lift and keeping the implant submuscular would decrease any complications with future breast feeding.

Seek out a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and discuss all these issues with them.

Good Luck!

David A. Dreyfuss, MD

Implant size and cost

+2

I think all you need is an implant, but you may need a lift after having children. Having said that, I would put the implant under the muscle to preserve more blood supply to the nipple in case you want a lift later.

As far as size is concerned, a 350- 375cc implant will probably put you into a large C/small D cup. Once you decide on the volume, then the profile will be determined by the width of your breast.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants can lift your sagging breasts

+2

Breast implants can lift your sagging breasts.  If the sagging is minimal, this may be all that is needed. 

However, usually with significant sagging, a breast lift and breast implants may be necessary to achieve a good  result.

A careful physical examination and discussion of your option at the time of a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is essential to properly evaluate your concerns and treatments.

Fredrick A. Valauri, MD

Breast augmentation for mild breast lift

+2

It is possible to fill out a slightly droopy breast with an implant in order to give the appearance of lifting the breast. This is just an illusion however. Augmentation just makes bigger what you naturally have. The only real way to lift a breast is to remove skin. The fullness one get with an implant tightens the skin, and appears to lift the nipple areolar complex. In your situation, a moderate sized implant in the 300 cc range would do the job

Anthony Dardano, DO
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Implants versus Implants plus Lift

+2

Implants alone will give you a fuller appearance, but will not lift anything. The fuller appearance may make you happy. You could always add a lift later if you wanted. It is difficult for me to say more without examining you and taking a few measurements.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants without a breast lift

+2

Based on your photo above, it appears breast implants alone would address your desire for fuller/larger breasts without the need for implants. This is not always possible to determine based on photos alone however. Remember, that once the implants are placed during surgery, your breast shape or nipple position may seem different and there is an outside chance you may need a lift, but I doubt it. I would definitely have the implants placed under your pectoral muscle as you are planning to breast feed in the future. The choice of salne vs silicone is one of preference, however most patients feel that silicone has a more natural feel.

Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area prior to any cosmetic breast surgery.

Dr. Bruno

William Bruno, MD