Will 400cc HP Breast Implants Look Fine on Small Frame?

I am 4'11" and 100 lbs. I am now a 32 B. I am considering 400cc with silicone high profile breast implants. Do you think that will be okay on my frame?

400cc HP breast implants on small frame

+2

RE - "Do you think that will be okay on my frame?"

It all depends how YOU see and define "Okay" and "fine".

I happen to like the Mentor silicone high profile implants because they are actually smaller than the Mentor 2000 Moderate Plus Saline implants (Which are smaller than the Mentor AND Allergan High Profile Saline implants). BUT - THE question here should not be how many fraternity brothers can one squeeze into a VW beetle or a phone booth (1950's stuff) OR what size implant 300, 400 or 800 CAN BE squeezed into YOUR chest.

For the result to look good (the word "NATURAL" can describe a naturally flat or droopy breast as well...), your present breast diameter (which needs to cover the implant) and your chest wall space (on which the implant will need to sit) - need to be measured and checked against the list of implants that would fit those parameters.

IF the 400 HP gel implant is TOO big and exceeds your measurements, the augmented breasts will look "done", they will fall sideways, you will bump into them when moving your arms forward, the ripples in the implant shell may be visible through the breast skin and they will sag rapidly.

If on the other hand, your measurements ARE in compliance with the implant diameter - the results will be attractive.

If asked to guess, without measurements, how would 400 cc implants would look in you based on the thousands of women I have seen and operated on, I would guess your result would be unattractive and artificial as well as short lasting.

I hope this was helpful.

400 cc HP implants on a small frame

+2

You will have one of the hugest most unnatural looking results you have ever seen if you put a 400cc HP implant in a tiny 4'11" patient! No way will this look good and you will get into lots of problems later from doing this. Go smaller to match your body better. If your doctor agreed to do this, you need another doctor who will watch out for your health better.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Do not use such large breast implants.

+2

Hi!

1)  I urge you not to get such large breast implants.  They will look totally fake, they will stretch your tissues, and they will age terribly.

2)  See link below.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Implant Selection Process

+1

Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.

The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.

I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Choosing implant sizes for a small frame

+1

Hi I strongly recommend a visit an experienced, board certified plastic surgeon to help choose your implant size.  There are a few critical meaurements and tissue characteristics that will help determine your implant size.  My biggest recommendation- IGNORE THE "size" and choose an implant that actually fits your breast!  Best Wishes!!

Stefan Mark Szczerba, MD

Breast sizing

+1

The more breast surgery I do the more I realize that there is no correlation between the size of implant and resulting cup size.  This may have to do with several factors including: the amount of breast volume the patient starts with, the shape of the patient's chest wall (concave or convex), the type and model of breast implant selected (saiine/silicone  and low/moderate/high profile), bra  manufacturer variance  in cup sizes, the  degree  of filling of the cup  with breast tissue,  and the subjective differences in patients perceptions of cup size. 

Much of the final “look” achieved after breast augmentation surgery  depends on several factors:
1. The initial shape, size (volume of breast tissue), symmetry of the patient's breasts. In general, the better the  preoperative breast appearance the more likely the breast augmentation “look” will be optimal.
2. The experience/skill level of the surgeon is important in determining the final outcome. For example, the accurate and gentle dissection of the breast implant pockets are critical in producing  long-term  well-placed breast implants. I personally think that these 2 factors are more important than any others, including type (saline or silicone)  or model (low/moderate/high profile)  of implant.
3. The type of implant used may  determine the final outcome, especially if the patient does not have significant covering breast or adipose tissue. For example, some surgeons feel that silicone implants have a more natural look and feel than saline implants because silicone gel has a texture that is similar to breast tissue. Each patient differs in the amount of breast tissue that they have.  If a patient has enough breast tissue to cover the implant, the final result will be similar when comparing saline implants versus silicone gel implants.  If a patient has very low body fat and/or very little breast tissue, the silicone gel implants may provide a more "natural" result.
On the other hand, saline implants have some advantages over silicone implants. Silicone implant ruptures are harder to detect. When saline implants rupture, they deflate and the results are seen almost immediately. When silicone implants rupture, the breast often looks and feels the same because the silicone gel may leak into surrounding areas of the breast without a visible difference.  Patients may need an MRI to diagnose a silicone gel rupture.   Saline implants are also less expensive than the silicone gel implants.
Other differences involve how the breast implants are filled. Saline implants are filled after they’re implanted, so saline implants require a smaller incision than prefilled silicone breast implants.
On May 10, 2000, the FDA granted approval of saline-filled breast implants manufactured by Mentor Corporation and McGhan Medical. To date, all other manufacturers’ saline-filled breast implants are considered investigational.
As of 2006, the FDA has approved the use of silicone gel implants manufactured by the Mentor Corporation and Allergan (formerly McGhan) for breast augmentation surgery for patients over the age of 22.
4. The size and model of breast implant used may  make a  significant difference in the final outcome. Therefore, it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Will 400cc HP Breast Implants Look Fine on Small Frame? This is s larger than average implant for a smaller than average

+1

AS the increased use of silicone implants becomes more popular there are lessons we have learned that are distinct from saline. High profile silicone is not as high profile as saline and this can scare patients away. I have relied onuse of the sizers to assist me in this regard. However this is s larger than average implant for a smaller than average frame. 

Breast Implant Sizing

+1

Caution!!!  Those sound big on your frame, but ultimately I would need measurements to make the final determination.  But judging from your height and weight yes they are a bit too big and may need to down size a bit to get with in your base diameter.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Need to be examined for breast implant size

+1

Depends on how much breast tissue/skin you have. Might be too big on your frame. High profile impants would probably the type your surgeon will choose as they are narrower.

Vladimir Grigoryants, MD

High profile implants will work on a small frame

+1

High profile implants will work on a small frame or small relative chest size and are a means of 'pushing the volume' when the base of the breast is limited and a very full cup size is desired. Keep in mind that the implant has a very full projection and is not always the most natural in consistency. Still some patients like them. The 400cc volume you are considering will put you well into a D cup and be a noticeable or showy result. Do your homework with pictures, and if you like the look, yes, the high profile implant will work on a small chest.

peterejohnsonmd