Breast Size After 340cc Implants?

I am a 32A and I'm will be getting 340cc breast implants and wanted to know what size that would turn out? I want to have like a full B or small c. I'm really confused how it works because some people with an A cup got a B cup while others got a C. 

One of my friends had hers done and she was the same size as me and got a 300cc and turned out to be between full A to small C. I'm so confused please help. I don't want them to be too big nor not big enough. Also, I am a very tiny girl and right now, I'm pretty much flat chested.

Do not use such large breast implants.

+2

Hi!

1) It is your surgeon's responsibility (not yours) to select breast implant size. All you need to do is show him or her a picture of what you want to look like. You need to have confidence that your surgeon can do this before you go ahead. This is an important part of what you are paying you surgeon for.

2) 340 cc's will make you look bigger than a small C.

3) See link below for useful suggestions.

Breast size after augmentation

+2

There is no way to exactly predict the size that will fit you best after surgery and there is no standardization of cup sizing in the garment industry either. The "look" is more important than the size and you can get an estimate of the look by trying on implants in a sports bra using about a 290 to mimic a 340.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Breast size after 340cc implants?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance. Given your desires, a breast augmentation, with an implant or fat grafting, would be an ideal procedure that would meet your expectations. Breast augmentation is now the most popular procedure performed in plastic surgery today. One tolerated very well by women with minimal downtime and high patient satisfaction.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, etc). Your height, weight, breast width, and body habitus will make a difference for which implant style/projection to choose. Implant profile will also make a difference on the projection, which will influence overall breast/cup size. I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you of results. Sizers are helpful during an in-office consultation. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width. This is the most important determinant for the sizing of implants, which will provide the optimal result and most aesthetically-pleasing result for you.

Consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon well-versed in breast procedures who will examine and discuss with you the various options and factors to consider and help you decide which one will be the right one for you. Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Best Implant Size Decision

+1
What Size is Best for You? This is a tricky question as a lot of factors are involved. Here is some guidelines I would recommend: First of all the fact that your frien
It is very difficult to determine the exact size and shape of implant that will fit your frame without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be tough to answer your question. For example your native base width of your breast will determine in many cases the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Additional critical decisions will also be made by your plastic surgeon such as: whether your implants will be above or below your pectoralis muscle. These choices are recommended to you based on the look you desire, the amount of sagging you may have, and other deciding factors. I always find it helpful for patients to bring in photos from my or other plastic surgeons’ websites to illustrate what they would like to look like. I bring these photos to the operating room for reference during surgery so that I have the advantage of “seeing through my patient’s eyes” to achieve their wishes.
I personally order more than one set of implant sizes and use sterile sizers placed in the pocket during surgery to know in advance exactly which implant would work best for you. Software morphing programs can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn't work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts).
My advice is to accept advice from your board certified plastic surgeon after a formal consultation and examination with measurements.. If still confused don't hesitate to get a second opinion.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

BBA

+1

There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.

Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.

I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.

By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Sincerely,

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Proper Implant Selection

+1

Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection to replace an in office exam and good communication with a board certified plastic surgeon.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Breast Size After 340cc Implants

+1

I would try breast sizers first for your to "visualize" the results and sizes. If placed under the muscle a 300cc sizer would roughly approximate the size of a 340cc submuscular implant.

Cup size and implants

+1

It is impossible to predict the exact cup size after implant surgery.  Each bra company is different and therefore the cup size is unreliable. In any event, the implant size that you mentioned willprobably put you into a "C" cup bra in most cases.

Cup size after breast augmentation

+1

Dear Princess22,

As you've figured out, there's no magic formula for determining breast cup size after breast augmentation. There are many reasons for this:

1) Your anatomy. The width and height of your breast, the quality of the skin, the width of your chest wall, and the amount of droop all impact final breast size. If you have droopy, wide breasts with a wide chest wall, a 340 cc implant will not project as much as it would in a a narrower, non-droopy breast. Less projection will often times correlate with a smaller increase in cup size.

2) Your perception of breast size. Different women perceive their cup size in different ways. Whereas one woman may think she has an A cup, another may call herself a B cup. The difference often depends on how tightly they wear their bras, the types of bras they wear, and how they classify their chest wall diameter.

3) Differences in cup sizes between manufacturers. A D-cup at one store may the same thing as a C cup somewhere else. Most women have figured this out, and often times will tell me that they want to be a "full B/small C" or a "full C/small D". To me, that means they know their bra size will vary depending on the store from which they purchase their bras.

Your best best is consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon. After a detailed examination, he or she should be able to give you a reasonable estimate on whether a 340 cc implant will allow you to achieve your goals.

Hope this helps. Best of luck.

Sam Jejurikar, MD

Breast size after breast augmentation.

+1

Thanks for the question -

You're right to be confused. There is no direct translation between number of cc's and what size bra you will wear (cup size). There are many many reasons for this.

First -

Bra manufacturers are all over the map when creating cup sizes. A "C" cup from one manufacturer may be a "D" from another.

From a breast augmentation standpoint your final cup size will depend on many factors including:

your starting size
implant size
implant shape
amount of ptosis your breasts have
implant position
skin elasticity
chest wall shape

and more...

Have a careful discussion with your plastic surgeon about what is possible in terms of size and shape. In our San Francisco area practice we encourage patients to bring in photos of breasts that they like AND don't like so we can try to acheive our patient's goals.

Steven H. Williams, MD