Can Brazilian Butt Lift Be Combined with Tummy Tuck or Lipo?

Can I combine the Brazilian Butt Lift with Tummy Tuck and Liposuction? If not, which one should I get first?

Brazilian butt lift and tummy tuck timing for surgery

+3

I don't recommend doing a brazilian butt lift and a tummy tuck at the same time. The Brazilian butt lift should be done first and then after 6 months you can have the tummy tuck if necessary

In my practice, I perform butt reshaping very frequently. To answer your question in regard to having multiple procedures done at the same time, including a tummy tuck, you have to understand what involves the postoperative recovery of the fat transfer procedure to the buttock area and what the procedure is about. The fact is that as much fat as possible is needed to reshape the person’s butt and make it proportionate to the body frame. In other words, fat will be taken from the abdomen, flanks, back, and axilla among other areas. Now, after surgery, you can’t sit constantly on the buttock for approximately 10-14 days to make sure the fat is not damaged. If going to the bathroom, the person can just sit for 5 minutes. That’s it.

Now, let’s think about the tummy tuck. You will have an incision on your lower abdomen that will hurt so most likely you won’t be able to lie on your stomach for some days. Let’s say you have a tummy tuck and a Brazilian butt lift. You won’t be able to lie on your back due to the Brazilian butt augmentation nor on your chest because of the tummy tuck. In other words, your recovery will be unbearable.

This is not a matter of having multiple procedures done at the same time. In fact, multiple procedures at the same time like a tummy tuck and a breast surgery (Mommy makeover) could be done but not together with the Brazilian butt lift. In my practice, I perform the Brazilian butt lift first, harvest as much fat as possible, and then do a tummy tuck at least 6 months after the procedure, if the patient needs it. This will depend on how your skin will respond to liposuction.

In my practice, some of my patients have indicated me that certain surgeons recommend having multiple procedures done with the buttock augmentation.  On further questioning, they even recommend having a tummy tuck and also the butt augmentation while the patients are on their back on the surgical table. Injecting the butt with fat when the patients are lying on their back is a bad idea. You will need to be on your chest for the surgeon to visualize the areas of deficiency and inject the buttock properly. In addition, if you take into consideration the surgical implications of both procedures, you come to the conclusion that it is not possible. For example, when you close the incision for a tummy tuck, many times the patient’s belly needs to be bent forward to excise the excess abdominal skin. Consequently, this will prevent the patient from lying on the chest for the buttock procedure once the tummy tuck is done.

Understanding the postoperative recovery is as important as the surgery itself. In conclusion, I do not recommend having any procedure done in addition to the butt sculpting procedure since you will compromise your recovery and long-term results

Combining Brazilian Butt Lift with Tummy Tuck or Liposuction

+3

Hi there-

Liposuction is, in fact, a critical component of the Brazilian Butt Lift technique, in which fat is removed from areas where it is not complementary to the patient's figure, and grafted into the buttock area for an improved shape.
I am of the opinion that combining a tummy tuck with this technique is not in your best interests (although it may be in the surgeon's) for the following reasons:
in order to get the very best outcome from Brazilian Butt Lift surgery, we need to harvest as much fat as possible through liposuction. Often, one of the best sources of fat is the abdomen. Unfortunately, liposuction of the abdomen at the time of a tummy tuck compromises the blood flow necessary to heal after the tummy tuck, and so doing a tummy tuck at the same time would significantly limit the amount of liposuction that could be done on the abdomen. Also, in order to graft fat back into your buttocks, we need to place you on your abdomen- NOT a position I would want any of my recent tummy tuck patients to get into. If we remove less tissue from your abdomen than we normally would in order to allow this positioning, then your abdomen won't look as good as it could have.
So you can understand that doing these procedures together (tummy tuck and brazilian) compromises the outcome of both- not a good idea. Better to get the best outcome from one, and then do the other.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Brazilian Butt Lift with Tummy Tuck or Lipo not recommended

+2

Yes - it COULD - but I would not recommend it.

If you are a good candidate for a Brazilian Butt lift, your surgeon would need to liposuction fat from elsewhere for grafting to your buttocks. The commonest area for getting the fat would be your tummy. So the operation would start with you on your back having your tummy fat being suctioned and then processed for loading into small syringes.

A tummy tuck at this time would not be safe since the blood supply to the tummy skin could be seriously damaged when the skin is now lifted after having been liposuctioned. In addition, not a lot of loose skin could be taken off since you would need to be put on your tummy afterwards (instead of being woke up in the beach chair position) for the back procedure.

I would recommend you have one OR the other first. Which one to go with would depend how much fat would be needed for your buttocks. If a lot would be needed, I would recommend doing the Brazilian Butt Lift first. If a small amount of fat would do it, I would do the tummy tuck first since it will narrow your waist and give a better idea of how much fat would be needed for a good Brazilian Butt Lift result.

Hope this was helpful.

Brazilian Buttock Lift Can Be Combined With Tummy Tuck

+2

But I am in 100% agreement that laying on the new fat grafts (which you will need to do after tummy tuck) may cause some loss of volume or shape.

I have done a number of combined cases and suspect this may have been a problem a few times.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS

+1
Thank you for your question . 

I had made a video to address your question. 

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Mel T. Ortega, MD

Tummy Tuck with Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

It is sometimes a benefit to have a tummy tuck along with the brazilian butt lift. I these cases a lot more fat can be removed because the area where the tummy tuck is to be performed can be liposuctioned aggressively since the skin would be removed and there is no concern for skin dimpling.

So the procedure would go with liposuction of the abdomen and hips while on your back. You would be turned to do more sculpting and liposuction with the fat grafting to the gluteals. You would be finally turned supine again for the tummy tuck portion.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift can usually be combined with tummy tuck

+1

I am the originator of this procedure, I can tell you that for most patients, it is perfectly safe to combine this surgery, with a tummy tuck at the same time. In fact, this is easily the number 1 combination of procedures in my office.

We have been able to achieve fantastic results for our patients and have never compromised a patient's safety. The health and overall wellness of our patients has always, and will always remain our first concern.

Anthony C. Griffin, MD

This is possible

+1

Brazillian butt lift will need liposuction and fat harvesting. The only cocern is the amount of fat you have. If you have fair amonut of fat aound the waist line, you can get lipo,fat grafting in prone postion and then repostion to supine position and do tumy tuck. This may be bit too much surgery for some surgeons and patients. The safety of the patient is the most important factor.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt lift and other procedures

+1

Combining a brazilian butt lift with other procedures is possible.  Howver, due to positioning issues, it may affect the results.  You may want to combine liposuction with the Butt lift and stage the tummy tuck.