Are Brazilian Butt Lift Results Permanent?

Once I get Brazilian Butt Lift procedure done, will the results last a lifetime?

Have a question? Ask a doctor

Are the results of a Brazilian Butt Lift permanent?

Hi there-

The short answer to your question is yes, the result you achieve should be permanent.

The longer answer is that some of the fat initially placed will be absorbed and lost over the first few weeks after surgery. Whatever fat "takes" and is present after the first month or 6 weeks is what you should get to keep.

It is very important that you find a surgeon experienced in this technique, as there is not question that this procedure, even more than most, is very experience dependent.

Fat Grafts "last a lifetime," results may not

The controversy surrounding the "permanence" or "temporary" nature of the results buttock augmentation via autologous fat grafting speaks to the variable nature of fat grafting as a technique.

Technically speaking the results of fat grafting should be permanent in the sense that grafted fat which has become vascularized should not disappear several months post op.

However, there is an initial period, immediately post op where some of the grafted fat is lost. It is during this period that some may sense that their aesthetic outcome is fleeting. Every patient reaches a point after which the grafted fat which has become vascularized is permanent and the fat graft which has not will have undergone resorption. This is typically reached by 3-4 months post op.

For some patients, the graft take vs loss ratio will be favorable and for others less so. There is no question that there is both variability in techniques as well as outcome.

As always, you should seek a board certified plastic surgeon who is experience in both the science and art of autologous fat grafting to help you understand the procedure and provide a reasonable idea of what to expect both immediately post op and long term.

Donovan Rosas, MD
Nyack Plastic Surgeon

Hello -

My best advice to you would be to set up an in person consultation with an accredited, board certified surgeon. Find a surgeon who has had results you find incredible, and someone who has vast experience in this field.

Now, initially you will experience a period where some fat cells are lost, but there is a line of demarcation, or sorts, in the 4-6 week post-surgery timeframe when all cells that have survived will remain.

Brazilian Buttlift Permanent Results

The results last if enough fat is injected in the proper way and the proper postoperative instructions are followed.  Once the fat has revascularized, the fat is permanent.  What you see after 3 months is permanent.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Brazilian buttlift Los Angeles, CA

If done correctly, a Brazilian Butt Lift is permanent

If done correctly, yes, the results of a Brazilian Butt Lift should be permanent.  As with any fat grafting procedure, the extracted fat needs to be treated before being re-inserted into the buttocks.  And, as with any fat grafting procedure, some of the fat is re-absorbed back into the body in the month or two following the surgery, however, the rest should remain permanent.  

I would strongly recommend finding a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in this procedure, since the technique of how the fat is injected makes a big difference as far as the quality and longevity of the results.

Daniel Yamini, MD

When done properly, whatever fat survives being transferred should be there for life

I have performed this procedure for over 12 years and have seen patients 10 years after their surgery and found them to look as good then as they did 3 months after surgery.

The biggest concern is getting the fat to survive. I just finished reading some of the comments on this website from patients who have had this procedure done and claim it didn't work. These are similar to the comments I hear from patients who come to me after having had this procedure performed elsewhere, wanting to have it redone.
I believe this is a great procedure, but it is a procedure that requires a great deal of precision for it to work. This includes specific techniques we use in the operating room as well as specific routines for patients to follow after surgery. When all is done correctly, patients are extremely happy!

Yes after 3 months have passed. Seek a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS

BBL Permanent Results

The results of a Brazilian Butt Lift last very long and all the fat that has "taken" to your buttocks is permanent. However, your appearance can changed depending on future weight fluctuations and aging.