Are Brazilian Butt Lift Results Permanent?

Once I get Brazilian Butt Lift procedure done, will the results last a lifetime?

Are the results of a Brazilian Butt Lift permanent?

+4

Hi there-

The short answer to your question is yes, the result you achieve should be permanent.

The longer answer is that some of the fat initially placed will be absorbed and lost over the first few weeks after surgery. Whatever fat "takes" and is present after the first month or 6 weeks is what you should get to keep.

It is very important that you find a surgeon experienced in this technique, as there is not question that this procedure, even more than most, is very experience dependent.

+2

Hello -

My best advice to you would be to set up an in person consultation with an accredited, board certified surgeon. Find a surgeon who has had results you find incredible, and someone who has vast experience in this field.

Now, initially you will experience a period where some fat cells are lost, but there is a line of demarcation, or sorts, in the 4-6 week post-surgery timeframe when all cells that have survived will remain.

Constantino G. Mendieta, MD

Brazilian Buttlift Permanent Results

+2

The results last if enough fat is injected in the proper way and the proper postoperative instructions are followed.  Once the fat has revascularized, the fat is permanent.  What you see after 3 months is permanent.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Brazilian buttlift Los Angeles, CA

If done correctly, a Brazilian Butt Lift is permanent

+2

If done correctly, yes, the results of a Brazilian Butt Lift should be permanent.  As with any fat grafting procedure, the extracted fat needs to be treated before being re-inserted into the buttocks.  And, as with any fat grafting procedure, some of the fat is re-absorbed back into the body in the month or two following the surgery, however, the rest should remain permanent.  

I would strongly recommend finding a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in this procedure, since the technique of how the fat is injected makes a big difference as far as the quality and longevity of the results.

Daniel Yamini, MD

When done properly, whatever fat survives being transferred should be there for life

+2

I have performed this procedure for over 12 years and have seen patients 10 years after their surgery and found them to look as good then as they did 3 months after surgery.

The biggest concern is getting the fat to survive. I just finished reading some of the comments on this website from patients who have had this procedure done and claim it didn't work. These are similar to the comments I hear from patients who come to me after having had this procedure performed elsewhere, wanting to have it redone.
I believe this is a great procedure, but it is a procedure that requires a great deal of precision for it to work. This includes specific techniques we use in the operating room as well as specific routines for patients to follow after surgery. When all is done correctly, patients are extremely happy!

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift - Lasting results

+1

A Brazilian Butt Lift involves harvesting fat from an unwanted area and then preparing it for transfer where it is injected into the buttocks as a living transplant. As long as you maintain your body at a stable level, the results should be permanent. Implants are also another permanent option but this procedure is riskier and involves a longer recovery time.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS