How Painful Are Botox Injections for Underarm Hyperhidrosis?

I am considering Botox for underarm perspiration but I would like to know, how much pain would be associated with doing that?

Botox for Underarm Hyperhidrosis

+1
For most patients, Botox injections do not hurt although you might feel slight discomfort. Your doctor should be able to provide you with a topical anesthetic prior to underarm injections if you are worried about pain or discomfort.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for Hyperhidrosis - Painful?

+1
Botox injections use very fine guage needles so not very painful, certainly not afterward. The average costs depends on the number of units injected and the area. To minimize discomfort topical anesthetics can be applied before hand as well as ice packs.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

It is not painful

+1

most patients do fine since a very small needle is used. if you are worried, then have your doctor give you a numbing cream.

the results are very good from Botox. in my experience it has lasted longer than 6 months.

For a much longer lasting result, you should consider Cellulaze off label use of the laser. i have been very pleased. takes 30 minutes in my office under local only.

david berman md

board certified plastic surgeon.

northern va

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Options for Miradry or Botox for armpit sweating in Los Angeles

+1

I believe that the clinical benefits of Miradry demonstrated over the past two years make it a very good alternative to Botox for the axilla and armpits. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Botox pain armpits

+1

Botox under the armpits for sweating is relatively well tolerated.  You can place numbing cream beforehand and supplement this with a cold pack prior to applying it.  You can also consider some form of distraction like vibration or tapping in the vicinity of the armpits as this will help confuse the brain with additional stimulation.

Good luck.

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD

Botox for Underarm Sweating - Axillary Hyperhidrosis

+1

Hyperhidrosis of the underarms is treated with Botox injections and is very well tolerated. The needles are 30 Guage (smaller than diabetic needles) and using a combination of topical lidocaine and ice roller makes it very comfortable and a very worthwhile and effective treatment which has a high likelihood of improving a patient's quality of life (QOL) indicators which have been measured objectively.

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

Hyperhidrosis and Botox injections for the underarms

+1

The needle used for Botox Therapeutic injections for hyperhidrosis is very fine and the injections are very superficial.  You can feel a tiny pinprick but it is very quick.  Patients just hold a squeezy ball and the procedure is very well tolerated.  Everyone loves the results and can wear any colour clothing without worry.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Botox for Hyperhidrosis

+1

Botox Cosmetic injections for hyperhidrosis are not painful - especially when pre-treated with an anesthetic cream.  In the video below, you can see a patient that I am injecting and her discussion of the treatment and results.

Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Botox treatments for underarm sweating are relatively painless

+1

Botox treatmets for underarm sweating is only minimally discomforting.  The needle used can be extremely small and the area is not very sensitive to the pinprick sensation of the needle.  Any minor discomfort experienced is over as soon as the treatement is completed, which is just a few minutes.. I cannot recollect a single patient of mine which required or even requested any anesthetic.  Patients are generally very accepting of this treatment and some of the most gratified  patients I see in my day.

Ted Brezel, MD
Long Island Dermatologist

Botox for underarm sweating/hyperhidrosis

+1

Botox injections under the arm should be relatively painless and quick. These injections are very superficial, just under the skin surface. It usually requires multiple sticks under each arm - in the range of 5-10 or so per arm but can be completed in less than a minute. For improved comfort I would suggest a topical anesthetic cream as well as ice and possibly a Zimmer cooler device (to blow cool air onto the surface of the skin while the treatment is performed). Good luck - the results should be worth the minimal and very temporary discomfort.

Jason R. Lupton, MD
San Diego Dermatologist