Arm Lift Recovery

I'm thinking about an arm lift and just wondering what to expect. What's the recovery like after the arm lift? What can I expect in terms of downtime and scarring?

Arm Lift Recovery

+2

What I tell my patients always is if you follow the indications properly especially the first week everything should go smoothly from there. The indications I recommend to my patients to follow are , to limit yourself to minimal activities at least for 10 days and no lifting heavy object for a month. As for driving approximately 10 days also. The use of the bandages or garment is very important this is to prevent serious complications like hematomas, seromas inflammatory liquid that could accumulate. Some stitches will be removed in 10 days after the surgery, others are not necessary. The scar tends to diminish in 6 months. I recommend this surgery it has a amazing results and patients leave very satisfied. 

Hope this helps !
Regards 

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Arm Lift Recovery

+2

This is a very satifying surgery and has a short recovery for the gains you get.  Most of my patients need about 2-3 days of recovery and are back at work as long as it is a desk job at about 3-5 days.

Arm movement at the shoulder is restricted for the first 4 weeks.  After that there are no restrictions.

Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.feplasticsurgery.com/orange-county-arm-tuck-lift-newport-beach.php

Optimum recovery after an Arm Lift

+2

The recovery time after a full arm lift in my typical patient is quite short.  Usually there is only mild discomfort for 2-3 days.  My patients usually are able to drive a car and can return to office work after 5-7 days.  The major restriction is avoiding a full range of motion of the arms for about one month, but the patients are able to start certain  exercises after about 10 days.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Recovery Time Following Brachioplasty

+1

Brachioplasty recovery varies from patient to patient and depends on a variety of factors including the type of procedure performed, the patients wound healing characteristics and the patients overall health.

The vast majority of patients are able to resume normal activities in 2 to 3 weeks following surgery. Strenuous activity and heavy lifting should be avoided for at least 6 to 8 weeks following this procedure.

In the immediate post-operative period drains and compression garments are utilized. Drains are typically removed in about a week, but compression wraps are left in place for about 3 weeks.

Wound healing varies from patient to patient and is an important issue because incision sites are hard to hide with this procedure. Under these circumstances the wound healing characteristics of the patient are extremely important because scars are often visible following surgery. For this reason, wound care is extremely important following brachioplasty surgery. If you’re considering brachioplasty, it’s important to discuss after care with your plastic surgeon before proceeding with surgery. 

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Armlift Recovery

+1

It depends on the type of armlift done. If you do a hidden inner armlift, it has a minimal incision and the recovery is about 5 days. If you do a posterior armlift, which is done primarily on massive weight loss patients for significant skin redundancy, the recovery is about 7-10 days. The scarring is dependent upon 90% of your own genetics and how you heal. Most of the time the scars, especially in the inner arm, look remarkably good at 6-12 months.

Typical Arm Lift Recovery

+1

Following surgery, the arms are wrapped in a compression sleeve to reduce swelling.  During the first 10-14 days, the swelling will reduce as a sign of the initial healing.

Patients should avoid lifting arms overhead after the procedure.

Swelling and bruising will gradually fade during the 3 to 4 weeks following surgery. After 6 weeks there are no activity restrictions for my patients but always ask your surgeon for his recommendations.

The scars on the inner side of the arm should fade between 6 and 24 months following surgery, depending on the patient’s skin. This process can be hastened with certain types of lasers and scar maturation products such as silicone based products.

Arm Lifting Surgery Recovery?

+1

The arm lifting procedure is a great procedure to remove excess skin and adipose tissue of the upper arms. However, this procedure carries a major drawback: difficult scarring that may require scar revision (more so, in my experience, then other procedures).

I have tried placement of the resulting scars in the bicipital  groove (between the biceps and triceps muscles)  as well as a long the inferior–lower aspect of the upper arm. I have found higher patient satisfaction with the latter approach. If the excision can be planned such that the scar falls along the frontal aspect of the lower arm, then the scar may be visible only when the patient raises his/her arms.

As with many plastic surgical procedures, the planning of the incisions and resulting scar line is critical. However, even with attention to detail, the resulting scars may not be ideal and revisionary surgery is  often necessary to improve the appearance (for example, the width) of the scars.

I asked my patients  to keep arms elevated for one week after surgery and avoid heavy lifting for the 1st month after surgery.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_armlift.htm

What to expect after an arm lift...

+1

Arm lift surgery reduces or removes loose sagging skin from the upper arm to create a more toned apperance.  After an arm lift, patients must wear a compression garment for about 6 weeks after surgery, which allows the skin to tighten and supports the incision.  The incision, while noticeable at first, should gradually fade to a thin line.  You most likely will have swelling and bruising, and both will disappear after a few weeks.  Most patients may return to work after a week of having surgery.  You should avoid doing any strenuous activites for the first few weeks after your procedure to ensure a smooth healing process. 

Edison Plastic Surgeon