800cc Breast Implant Replacement Possible for Second Surgery?

I had Breast Augmentation surgery in Aug'09 and went from 36A to a 36D, silicone, under the muscle. I have 550 cc's in left & 500 in right breast. I also had tuberous breasts & had a mastopexy done. I would like to go bigger and would like to get 800cc implants. Is this possible for me? My doc said that 500 cc is the biggest that I could have b/c I had minimal breast tissue (No kids). Is it possible for me to get 800cc after skin is stretched from the first surgery & how long do I wait?

Going from A to D to DDD is possible

+4

Yes - it is TOTALLY "possible" for you " to get 800cc after skin is stretched from the first surgery ".

If all you are asking, can a huge 800 cc implant be shoved in under your breast skin after it has been expanded (so far 6 months and counting...) - I think most of us would agree it is physically possible to do it.

The REAL question SHOULD BE WOULD YOU GET a GOOD, LONG LASTING RESULTS with 800 cc breast implants (with a history of 36 A, sagging tuberous breasts) ? The answer is - NO WAY - when pigs fly, hell freezes over, Bin Laden becomes a member of Chabad, or Obama balances the budget. Zero chance.

To have a great Breast Augmentation result requires careful matching your body with the best implant that would be covered by your breast tissue (an A cup makes me suspect you already have an implant that is too large...) and which can sit on the front flat part of the chest wall (whose base diameter is no larger so) it would NOT keep falling to the sides and keep fighting your arms. The larger / heavier the implant, the FASTER it will IRREVERSIBLY thin the breast tissue and skin and cause sagging (a condition you already had fixed once).

Putting in an 800 cc implants, although possible, would permanently deform your breasts, resulting in sagging thin breasts with visible implant ripples. I therefore agree with your surgeon and I would not do it.

Dr. P. Aldea

Breast augmentation revision

+3

It is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Revision breast augmentation in a tuberous breast

+3

I would urge you to proceed with caution and heed the advice provided by your plastic surgeon. Placing this large of an implant in a constricted or tuberous breast is more likely to exceed the original breast diameter when compared to a normally small breast (that is not constriced). This could easily produce a double bubble type appearing breast. I would consider ordering a breast imaging study to evaluate the parenchymal distribution over the existing implant to evaluate if it is possible for your existing breast tissue to drape an 800 cc implant.

800 cc implants

+2

I would not recomment that you go that large.  You will very likely have serious problems that will require revision surgery.  There is even the possiblility of irreversible problems such as tissue loss if undue stress is placed on the skin and nipple areola if the skin envelope is overwhelmed.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

800 cc implants

+2

If you have a nice result with the implants that you have now, I would try to discourage you if you were my patient to get 800 cc implants. They are way too large, and you may be prone ot early sagging and other problems.

Bigger breast implants are not better

+2

You have big implants already and bigger implants will stretch you more. You will have thined out skin and sagging due to the weigth of the implant. You also mentioned that you had breast lift and the volume of the 800 c.c implant will widen the incision line.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Can I have my 500cc implants replaced with 800cc?

+2

Hi there-

There are a few things to consider here....

The answer to your question is that yes, it is possible. If you are certain you would like to do this, I would wait until at least a year has gone by so that your skin is best able to tolerate this and your capsules are mature.

Having said that, however, I would want you to be very careful in your decision making- large implants will increase your chances of having a problem with sagging, thinning of the breast skin, leading to possible implant visibility and the ability to easily feel and see the implant. This will also pretty much commit you to a breast lift later in life, when you are at a point at which you may not be so happy to have such large breasts, especially if children do come along.

Please be careful, think about how your decisions may affect your future, and proceed with the advice of your responsible and Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Large breast implants

+2

The larger the implants, the more problems women have. If your breasts are making you a living, then go for it, but be sure that you want such large implants before you embark on changing sizes.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

800 cc Breast Implants for Secondary Surgery

+2

It would certainly be possible to have an 800cc implant, but that does not mean that it is a good thing to do. There is no 800cc implant whose dimensions will "fit your breast". If you are at all interested in a natural look, you should avoid an implant this large. If you don't mind the "augmented look", then there should be no problem.

John Whitt, MD

Breast implant exchange is possible

+2

Yes, exchange would be possible although as the implant size increases so does the relative complication rate. This in terms of unnatural appearance, and late skin and breast envelope changes after gravity and stretching. Of course, no firm opinion cannot be given without consultation and evaluation of the present siuation and underlying anatomic considerations. Hope this helps.

Michael A. Marschall, MD