Is 70 Too Old for a Facelift?

25 years ago we would have said yes

+2

Now, it very much depends on the individual's state of health.  I have a 70 year old in my practice who is a marathon runner.  Because surgery is performed under deep IV sedation or general anesthesia, it is important that you internist agrees this is a reasonable pursuit.  Recovery is relatively fast  and provided you are in good health and have realistic goals, this can be a very reasonable choice.  I personally would recommend that you have your facelift at a hospital based surgery center or operating room rather than a surgeon's private office based operating room.  A hospital location ensures there are medical resources around in case they are needed.

Web reference: http://www.lidlift.com

Your overall health determines your risk

+2
A healthy seventy year old can be an ideal candidate for a facelift. Your board certified plastic surgeon can make this evaluation along with your primary medical doctor. They will determine your risks verse benefits and present you with a safe plan to address your aesthetic concerns. There is no reason you can't look as good as you feel.
Good luck

Web reference: http://www.drrobkessler.com/facial-surgery/facelift

Facelift

+1
As long as you a fit and healthy then being 70 is not a reason to not have elective surgery - anaesthesia is very safe and the risks are minimal. Regards Dr Charles Cope
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

​Male Facelift in an older patient

+1

In my practice we routinely perform facelifts on older patients, provided that certain factors are taken into consideration. First a thorough evaluation is performed by an internist. Second, the surgery and anesthesia is performed in such a fashion that there is minimal strain on the cardiovascular system. It takes an expert OR team, surgeon, anesthesiologist and well trained OR staff, to achieve that. Of course of utmost importance is to choose an expert facelift surgeon that can deliver the desired result.

Web reference: http://doctorackerman.com/photo-gallery/facelift/

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

70 and facelift

+1

Being seventy years old is not too old for a facelift.  I think that as long as you are healthy it should be fine. An exam would be essential of course to assess your overall medical conditiona and also address your concerns.

Age is not a factor for facelifts

+1

Although the average first facelift is not in one's 70's, it is perfectly acceptable to perform a facelift into the 90's on appropriate candidates.

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

70 is not too old for a facelift

+1

No, 70 is not too old for a facelift. We have performed facelift on patients in their early 80’s and have had excellent results. As long as you are good physical and mental health, it is acceptable to proceed.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Facelift for 70 Year Old

+1

Age is not an important consideration as long as the patient is in good health. I'v successfully done full facelifts on people 10 years older than you. Have your facelift and enjoy.

Never too old with good health

+1

I regularly do not pay attention to my patient's age. If they are in good physical health and they have realistic expectations, then they are good candidates. Go to your physician and let them see you, you will be happy with what you hear.

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon