Temple Wounds After Face and Temple Lifts

Had a facelift and temple lift 6 weeks ago by a Board Certified Surgeon. I would like the opinions of other certified surgeons, based on this 6 week photo will I heal with no visible scarring in the temple area? I am nervous and scared. Will this need to be revised? Similar scenario on the right side too.

I am not sure how those wounds occurred

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos.  I am unsure how those wounds occurred.  If they are thermal wounds there might be more of a visible long term scar.  I would wait until all healing is done and reassess at that time.

Dr. Remus Repta

Forehead Wounds after Facelift and Temple Lift

+1

I recommend you get a second opinion to evaluate your forehead scars. The wounds should improve, but  ask if anything should be done at this time.

Abnormal temple scars

+1

That's an abnormal degree and location of skin irregularity after a forehead/temple lift.  While it is true that wounds remodel for months, I would be suspicious that you will have some permanent irregularity there.  Follow up with your primary surgeon to get a better explanation and time frame, and if you are not satisfied with the answers, seek a seccond opinion. 

Kevin Robertson, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Mayer is very diplomatic

+1

Unfortunately for the public, being a board certified plastic surgeon is only a guarantee that your surgeon has had very solid training and their knowledge base has been evaluated by peers.  It is not a guarantee that they have been trained to perform whatever particular surgeon you are having.  Being exposed to something in training is not the same thing as being competent to perform in your case a forehead lift.  

It is not entirely clear precisely how your forehead was traumatized during surgery.  However, no this is not a normal 6 week result.  Yes in time these areas will look much better, but clearly you will have some time of scar in this area.  I will encourage you to get a second opinion.  However, the best course here is allowing this area to heal as fully as possible before considering what is needed next.  The reason for this is that the body does have amazing powers to heal and what looks down right awful now may only need minimal repairs in a year.  However, it may be the case that the area needs some management and possibly you could use some hyaluronic acid filler to improve the appearance of this area while you are waiting for it to fully heal.

Temple wounds after temple lift.

+1

You should not have this look after a temple lift. I would see an experienced facelift surgeon for a second opinion and to determine if this is going to end up scarring or will resolve without surgery.