3 weeks post op, When Do You See Final Results from a Facelift?

I had a lower FL/NL three weeks ago. While I am seeing a lot of improvement, I am also still seeing more jowling than I was hoping for. I can even move this area with my fingers into the position I wanted. Is this just residual swelling? Or, was Doc very conservative? Or, too soon to tell?

Final Results after Facelift

+1

Your facelift will continue to improve for 6-12 months. The changes will be more dramatic during the first 6 months, but you will see subtle improvement over the following 6 months .

6 months

+1

Your pictures look very good for that short period of time, but the regular patient will have to wait an average of 6 months to see almost the 100% of the swelling to be gone after a Facelift. Some other patients might have to wait longer (12 months).

Gustavo A. Diaz, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

3-6 months

+1

Swelling after facelift surgery can last up to 6 months.  I would continue to wear a compression garment for a few hours each day until then.  Revisions are rarely necessary so early.

Marisa Lawrence, MD

Disappointed after facelift

+1

It is unusual to be able to pull up excess skin that early after surgery. It sounds like you had a "mini" type of procedure advertised under various names. Patients are beginning to realize that these procedures have a shorter recovery and are easier to have done and are much less expensive but the results are also much, much less. My suggestion would be to see a reputable plastic surgeon and follow his advice.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Swelling can simulate jowls for up to 12 weeks

+1

In most facelifts the usual time period for studying your results is about 3-4 months.  In laser assisted face lifts where additional skin contraction can improve later results the time frame is 6 months. If your jowls continue to be a concern after 4-6 months laser assisted (smartlifting) techniques can be effective in reducing jowl volume and position.

Richard Gentile, MD
Youngstown Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift Recovery Process

+1

You are very early in the healing process, so I would not be concerned at this point.  It really takes about three months before you can step back and say that everything is done healing, etc.  Just be patient.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Final results from a facelift

+1

As Dr Mayer states 6 to 12 months is the average time needed for a FULL recovery from a face lift surgery. There are exceptions but this is a average time frame.

From MIAMI DR. B

Swelling after facelift

+1

Most of the swelling is gone 2 months after a facelift, but some patients do persist longer. Jowl swelling can be prolonged if aggressive jowl liposuction is performed. I would wait 6 months before deciding on revision work.

Kevin Ende, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Jowling after Facelift

+1

Hi,

You should see some correction of your jowls at this point. If not as the swelling resolves and the tissue loosens the jowl may increase.  I would say that if your don't see a difference now waiting will not improve it. Its not like a rhinoplasty where waiting a year could make a difference.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Facelifts look their best after three months

+1

Most face lifts have swelling for three to six months following surgery.  In California we tend to see it in the neck, jowls and cheeks. You look great.  Best wishes.

Charles Perry, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon