34DD Implants too big? What is Biggest Size I Can Get?

Hello, I need some advice. I am 5'0 height and 113 weight. (I can get Liposuction) My breast size is 34A. My husband loves a big breast and I am thinking of getting breast implants. My concern is, my husband loves big breasts like Sofia Vergara, I understand she is taller than I am so that is why I need an advice. I would love to have a bigger size breast but do not want to look vulgar or unnatural. Can you please let me know what can be the biggest implant sizes I can get? thanks.

There is such thing as too big! Breast implants must be matched to body.

+4

You are much too short for implants big enough to fill a double D bra. Look at some pictures of Salma Heyek who is also 5'0. She is understood to be a 36 -C and looks much larger because of her frame and height. Also, the first thing to remember about any plastic surgery is that you're doing it for yourself and not for someone else. If you go that large you will look top-heavy, fat and unnatural. Discuss your concerns with a board certified plastic surgeon. You could do sizing preoperatively where implants are put into a bra and you wear them temporarily in the office to see what you think looks good.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Are DD breasts too large for me?

+2

Cup size is certainly in the eye of the beholder and your personal aesthetic is critical to the success of your surgery and important in you realizing your expectations.  However, keep in mind that the larger you go, the more your breasts will take on the look and feel of the implants and potentially appear less natural. 

That being said, while one of the more popular comments made by patients following breast augmentation is that they would have gone bigger most patients also realize that there is a tipping point or limit to how big they can actually go without losing the natural appearance of their breasts. 

My recommendation would be to speak with a local Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, discuss your goals and expectations with him/her, size with implants, and then proceed accordingly.  A good surgeon will listen to your goals but also educate you and try and point you in the right direction so that you can achieve the most optimal results.

I hope that helps!

Gregory A. Buford, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Proper Implant Selection

+1

Generally speaking,larger implants increase the risk of complications such as implant malposition, which can be very difficult to correct longterm.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Breast implant sizing

+1

The more breast surgery I do the more I realize that there is no correlation between the size or model (profile) of implant used and resulting cup size.  This may have to do with several factors including: the amount of breast volume the patient starts with, the shape of the patient's chest wall (concave or convex), the type and model of breast implant selected (saline/silicone  and low/moderate/high profile), bra  manufacturer variance  in cup sizes, the  degree  of filling of the cup  with breast tissue,  and the subjective differences in patients perceptions of cup size. 
Much of the final “look” achieved after breast augmentation surgery  depends on several factors:

1. The initial shape, size (volume of breast tissue), symmetry of the patient's breasts. In general, the better the  preoperative breast appearance the more likely the breast augmentation “look” will be optimal.

2. The experience/skill level of the surgeon is important in determining the final outcome. For example, the accurate and gentle dissection of the breast implant pockets are critical in producing  long-term  well-placed breast implants. I personally think that these 2 factors are more important than any others, including type (saline or silicone)  or model (low/moderate/high profile)  of implant.

3. The type of implant used may  determine the final outcome, especially if the patient does not have significant covering breast or adipose tissue. For example, some surgeons feel that silicone implants have a more natural look and feel than saline implants because silicone gel has a texture that is similar to breast tissue. Each patient differs in the amount of breast tissue that they have.  If a patient has enough breast tissue to cover the implant, the final result will be similar when comparing saline implants versus silicone gel implants.  If a patient has very low body fat and/or very little breast tissue, the silicone gel implants may provide a more "natural" result.
On the other hand, saline implants have some advantages over silicone implants. Silicone implant ruptures are harder to detect. When saline implants rupture, they deflate and the results are seen almost immediately. When silicone implants rupture, the breast often looks and feels the same because the silicone gel may leak into surrounding areas of the breast without a visible difference.  Patients may need an MRI to diagnose a silicone gel rupture.   Saline implants are also less expensive than the silicone gel implants.
Other differences involve how the breast implants are filled. Saline implants are filled after they’re implanted, so saline implants require a smaller incision than prefilled silicone breast implants.
On May 10, 2000, the FDA granted approval of saline-filled breast implants manufactured by Mentor Corporation and McGhan Medical. To date, all other manufacturers’ saline-filled breast implants are considered investigational.
As of 2006, the FDA has approved the use of silicone gel implants manufactured by the Mentor Corporation and Allergan (formerly McGhan) for breast augmentation surgery for patients over the age of 22.

4. The size and model of breast implant used may  make a  significant difference in the final outcome. Therefore, it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Large implants in a petite female

+1

There are several other factors that go into the decision other than your height and weight and include your amount of skin laxity, breast tissue , breast diameter, etc. I am attaching info about very large implants.

There are numerous increased risks associated with this, and I am sure I will not even touch on half of them, but consider the following.

The size of the implant has been associated with:

1.Increased risk of loss of nipple sensation
2.Increased risk for long term breast ptosis (sagging)
3.Increased risk for chest wall deformation (curving of the ribs)
4.Increased risk of rippling or palpable /visible creases
5.Increased risk of lower pole tissue attenuation (thinning of the tissues of the breast)
6.Increased risk of secondary revisionary procedures
These are a few of the risks off the top of my head. Please discuss with your surgeon.

Most importantly, remember that although you are seeking breast enlargement, many women present complaining of breast overgrowth desiring breast reduction. These women report limited physical activity, neck/back/shoulder pain, shoulder grooving from bra straps, numbness in the fingers, rashes beneath the breasts, etc.

Many of these women feel significant relief with reductions as small as 300 cc yet you are considering adding twice that to your breasts. Think it over carefully.

Large breast implants.

+1

Implant sizing depends upon your breast anatomy and goals. Remember that if you are thinking of having breast implants, do it for yourself, not simply because of your husbands desires. Avoid making poor decisions and placing implants that are too large for your anatomy as this will lead to longterm problems with your breasts as you age. I recommend having a detailed examination by at least 2 different Board Certified Plastic Surgeons before making a decision.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Largest sized breast implants

+1

I determine size by looking at the patient's breasts as well as having them show me photos of what size they wish to be. Every about 150cc is about one cup size enlargement. How large you can go depends on how your breasts look prior to surgery and the size of your chest. You should be able to go about 3-4 cup sizes on average. You may want to check out the unbelievable breast implant all-inclusive special that I have.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

How big for implants?

+1

That is always a tough question.A lot depends on how much extra tissue you now have.The more you have excess tissue the bigger the implant.Also if you have thin tissues and you overstuff the breast then you will have a much greater likel;ehood of implant exposure and especially if you are a smoker.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

BEST Breast Implant is hardly ever the "Biggest"

+1

Your questions raises several issues:

1. You should NEVER have surgery (or a tattoo) for someone else. Doing so rarely pleases them for long and you are left to deal with your decision.

2. Breast implants do NOT come in cup sizes. For that matter, bras themselves do not come in standardized, uniform cup sizes. Every manufacturer uses different volume and shaped cups  and as a result an c cup in one is not always a C cup in another.

3. Breast implants are differentiated by
- type of fill (saline VS silicone gel)
- shape of their silicone envelopes (round VS anatomic)
- height of the silicone envelope (low, moderate, moderate plus and high profiles)

4. There are physical limitations to the size of an implant each woman's breasts could tolerate. The skin would let only a certain size in. But - using the "all you can eat" buffet role model in Breast Augmentation is beyond shortsighted.

5. Even if it COULD be done, stuffing the biggest possible breast implant in a woman's breast is a dumb thing to do. It is good only for a surgeon who does not plan on building his practice with positive reviews and patient referrals. Otherwise, it is damaging to the woman. Her skin is irreversible stretched. Her breast tissues waste away from the pressure. As a result, the breasts sag rapidly and demonstrate folds and rippling. Correcting these changes is not easy and requires expensive and repeated operations making for a very unhappy patient.

For the best result, seek out a detail obsessed, artistic Plastic surgeon who takes pride in his work and who will match you with the best implants for your body.

Good Luck.

Dr. Peter Aldea

34DD breasts in a 5'0" 113lb. woman may be unnatural or just fine.

+1

Each patient has their own ideas about what constitutes "just right" and "unnatural and vulgar." Consultation with your plastic surgeon (or more than one) will allow measurements and recommendations. Your anatomy has to cooperate with your wishes, as no surgeon can avoid the laws of bio-physics! Having photographs of desired breast size (from the internet or adult magazines) helps your doctor decide what is available for your anatomy in conjunction with your wishes. Resist a doctor who tells you what you should "want," but also follow your doctor's advice regarding what is and is NOT possible. Some doctors will tell you what you want to hear, rather than what is the truth! Several consultations with experienced, board-certified (American Board of Plastic Surgery) plastic surgeons will help you decide who is giving good advice and who may not be! Best wishes!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon