400cc to 500cc High Profile Silicone Implant - Too Big?

Had some doctor ask for more info on current implant from the site.I have 270cc filled to 300 and a 300 filled to 350cc saline.I am revising my breast due to 2 pregnancy and my nipples have shifted down.I am going to go a little larger and switching over to silicone and not sure on sizing.I will be having a lift, 5ft-120 pounds, 33.5 rib cage. Nurse said 425cc high profile would fit just fine on me but would it be enough in size to big.Cup size now 34D with some extra weight from pregnancy.

Breast implant revision augmentation and going larger

+1

There are numerous increased risks associated with this, and I am sure I will not even touch on half of them, but consider the following.

The size of the implant has been associated with:

1.Increased risk of loss of nipple sensation
2.Increased risk for long term breast ptosis (sagging)
3.Increased risk for chest wall deformation (curving of the ribs)
4.Increased risk of rippling or palpable /visible creases
5.Increased risk of lower pole tissue attenuation (thinning of the tissues of the breast)
6.Increased risk of secondary revisionary procedures
These are a few of the risks off the top of my head. Please discuss with your surgeon.

Most importantly, remember that although you are seeking breast enlargement, many women present complaining of breast overgrowth desiring breast reduction. These women report limited physical activity, neck/back/shoulder pain, shoulder grooving from bra straps, numbness in the fingers, rashes beneath the breasts, etc.

Many of these women feel significant relief with reductions as small as 300 cc yet you are considering adding twice that to your breasts. Think it over carefully.

Implant volume

+1

The best size for you is something discussed during a consultation and exam. It is very difficult to assess what would be best for you without the exam.

Breast augmentation

+1

the size will depend on you and your preferences.  the potential problems with larger implants have to do with tissue coverage and rippling, etc.  these may present themselves inthe future.

Shahin Javaheri, MD

Avoid larger breast implants.

+1

Hi.

What's going to make you look better is a good breast lift.  You don't want to be larger than a D cup.  Very big implants age badly and stretch your tissues.  350 cc's sounds good for you.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast Revision Surgery after Pregnancy

+1

It is impossible to tell that without any photos and knowing how much room you have and the quality of your skin.  Also what it does sound like is that you need a lift from your description.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

A bigger implant is not the solution for droopy breasts

+1

You mentioned that your your nipples have 'shifted down' after pregnancy- I would bet that you probably need a breast lift- a larger implant is going to push your nipple position even lower, and will look worse.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Can't answer your question

+1

The only way to even give you any answer is with a photo of you.  There is just no way with the numbers to tell if this will be too big for you as it all depends on what you look like and what you want to look like.  Also,

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS