Going from 350cc and 375cc to 275cc and 300cc Will my Breasts Sag?

2 years ago i got saline implants 350cc and 375cc and wanna go down to 275cc 300cc, I want to know if my breasts will look saggy? I started as a small A cup and now am a full C small D

Breast Revision

+1

They will sag probably a little, but not totally. Thank you for your question and good luck with everything.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Exchanging to smaller implants does not necessarily lead to sagging

+1

Hi LindsaySue,

Exchanging to smaller implants does not always lead to significant sagging.  It depends on the size of the original implants, the size of the new implants (ie how much volume change there will be), the quality of your skin, whether or not you had sagging pre-operatively, how long the implants were were in, and weight fluctuations or pregnancy.  Thank you for posting the photo-that helps us.  Looking at your photo it appears you have good skin quality and it should be able to "shrink" back to fit the new implants and knowing that you plan on reducing the volume by 75cc, which is not that much, I think you will be OK in terms of sagging.  Remember that it will take the skin many months to shrink and it will probably look a little saggy in the beginning, maybe even for up to 12 months.  Of course your plastic surgeon will examine you and discuss this issue with you in person.  In my experience the most important factor is whether or not you had sagging preoperatively; if no pre-op sagging good chance you will be OK.  My only concern is that 75cc is not that much of a volume difference for a patient who feels she is too big.  Be sure you have a very complete discussion with your plastic surgeon regarding your size expectations.  I find that when patients want to be smaller, we usually have to reduce the volume by 100-150cc at least.  Of course this varies depending on your preferences and body type.  Hope this helps.

Tracy M. Pfeifer, MD, MS

Tracy Pfeifer, MD

+1

Thanks for the photos. Beside the N/A asymmetry the upper pole will be flatter. I doubt you will sag. 

Replacing current with smaller implants

+1

By replacing your current implants with a slightly smaller size, you'll most likely avoid sagging, but you won't see an appreciate difference in size. In addition, the majority of the volume that you lose may be from the superior or top portion of your breasts. Weigh your options with your plastic surgeon to assess what may be the best option for you. 

Jeffrey D. Hoefflin, MD

Breast appearance with downsizing

+1
Dear LindsaySue, I bet you will do fine considering your photo and proposed new volumes. Your examining physician wil be a better judge. Good luck

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Does Reducing Implant Size Create Sagging?

+1

Breast implants do expand the volume of breast skin over time, just as weight gain or pregnancy might. Going smaller works if the implant size is not too little for the skin envelope. You describe having different size implants on the two sides and your photos look as though the nipple and areola are in different positions on the two breasts. This might be a good time to discuss a breast lift (mastopexy) with your plastic surgeon to get the two sides to match as closely as possible.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Saline implants, Breast Augmentation, Breast Sagging

+1

It is not very likely you will see any real sagging. Since saline is salt water and water sits at the bottom of its container, you will keep most of the volume in the lower half of the breast and loose some of the upper fullness. If your current bra is a bit tight, you will probably still wear the same bra size after a 50-75 cc reduction.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Exchange to smaller implants

+1

It all comes down to the balance between skin and volume and the degree to which your skin may shrink.  It looks as if going down a cup size would not lead to too much droop, but you have to be prepared for loss of upper pole fullness.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Reducing implants by 50cc

+1

Dear LindsaySue,

Reducing the size of your implants by 50cc will not make much difference in cup size. Therefore, you should not have an issue with sagginess. I'm curious to know why you would even consider undergoing anesthesia and additional cost to make such a small change. Best of luck, Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Remove and replace with smaller implants

+1

Some patients do choose to remove and replace their current implants with smaller ones, however, 50-75cc’s should not cause the breasts to look saggy and may not make a significant difference in size or appearance. You should weigh the risks prior to considering revisionary surgery. Good luck

On this site, I do my best to give advice without a physical examination but I want you to know that a physical examination by a board certified physician is always the best way to get the most accurate information.