Age 34, 5'3", 105lb, 32B - 200cc to Get Full C or Small D?

Hi. I am 34 years old, a 32B, 5 feet 3 inches, and weigh 105 lbs. My surgeon has reccommended 200 cc implants. I know that cup size is not equal to cc, and that your shape and size matters. What cup size is this likely to make me, and is 200 cc enough to make much of a difference. I have seen many before and after pics, and to go from a B to a C cup in all cases has taken at least 300 cc. Ideally I would like to be a full C or a smaller D cup.

Formula for bra cup and breast implants

+3

It is very easy to be confused by this measuring system. Cup sizes are only used as estimates for clothing. Although the measuring technique for determining cup size is precise, the results of these measurements are not. Let me give you an example; weight is a very accurate measurement. However two patients that weigh 120 lbs are not likely to look alike. The same is true with two patients that have C cup breasts. This is why physicians tend to use volume (cubic centimeters or cc) as a more accurate measurement. Note: If you are trying to figure out what breast implant size you want to obtain, you can try the szing tool available through b4bra.com or read the articles about measuring there.

Size is a complex decision that is not only based upon your height, weight and current cup/bra size but ALSO on also on your breast diameter, waist, shoulder, and skin envelope measurements. These can only be assessed in person during a consultation. A good place to start is using my "Find your perfect size" tool listed in the left hand column of my bodysculptor.com home page. Another good place to look is the searchable database section of the physicians' photos on implantinfo.com. Best of luck.

Please see our website for a description of the procedure: bodysculptor.com You can view some of Dr. Placik's patients or many other patients by visiting the website:photo gallery

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/breast-enlargement/

Implant size needs to be determined by physical examination

+2

From what you mentioned about your height and weight and the fact that you desire to be a full C or small D cup size, I would think that you need something larger than 200 cc's.  However, what size you really need to achieve your goals would depend upon a physical examination.  I might suggest something in the order of 250-300 cc's, maybe more,  for your consideration.  I would consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in your neighborhood.  Names and addresses can be obtained through the American Society of Plastic Surgeon's website.

Breast augmentation to full C or smal D

+2

Choosing the correct implant volume is probably the most important aspect of the pre-surgery evaluation. I have my patients bring in the desired size bra, one without padding, and they try on different sizers. They wear a fairly tight fitting shirt so they can see how the size fits with their waist and hips. Generally, 200cc will increase the average person 1 cup size. So if you want to go form a B to a C/D bra you would need more than 200cc. It also matters if you are talking about saline vs silicone implants. Please make sure the size is right for you before the surgery.

Montclair Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

+2

Hello and thank you for the question.

Given the dimensions you have described for your  breasts, a 200cc implant will likely place you in a full B to C cup category. Without an examination it is difficult to make an accurate assessment, but if you wish to be a full C/small D, you will in all likelihood require a larger implant than 200 ccs. 

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Web reference: http://www.beverlyhillscosmeticsurgeon.com/breast-augmentation.php

Full C small D

+2

Sorry to tell you but 200 cc will NO WAY get you to a small D cup.  Whether that's what fits you best or not, there is no way.  I do hundreds of these a year and you will simply not be happy with that if your expectation is to get to a small D. 

Web reference: http://www.doctormeade.com

Choosing breast augmentation implant size

+2

Hi Sarah,

From my experience using a 200cc implant is unlikely to take you beyond a full B/small C cup size. If you really want to be a large C/D you most likely will need to be thinking of at least 375 to 400cc in my opinion. Be aware though that with an implant of that size you may be more prone to stretched skin and sagging breasts in the future. Using various options available to us, including 3-D imaging, implant sizers in a bra and measuring your chest, one can come to a more informed decision as to the implant size required to meet your needs.

Web reference: http://www.breastaugmentationchoices.com/vectra-3d-imaging.html

Best implants for you

+2

It generally takes about 200cc to make a cup size. You might need a little more than 200cc to get to a small D. It is very important  to consider the amount of breast tissue you currently have, your petite figure, and most importantly those measurements your surgeon took. Those measurements are the key to proper implant fitting. You don't want implants that are too wide for your chest. So, talk to your surgeon and clarify as to why a 200cc implant is best for you. 

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Size implants to get a full C or small D cup

+2

Based on the information you provided, going from a 32B to a full C or small D cup may need more than 200 cc, perhaps 300cc. However, your surgeon may also be considering your chest and breast dimensions, how thin you are and the quality of your breast tissue. You should discuss your desires with your surgeon and, if needed, consider another opinion.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Implant size selection

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

Implant Selection Process

+1

I think you will need more than 200cc to reach your goal.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.

The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.

I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.

Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com