180CC Too Small For A To B Cup Increase?

I am 5'4" and 115 lbs. Currently 32 A. I would like to achive full B. 180 cc will be filled to 200cc and it will go under my muscle. I am not sure it will give a full B figure.

An increase from A cup to B cup for a 32 band bra size....

+2

It is quite likely that the 200 cc implant will create a cup size that may be considered larger than a B cup.  Since  your bra band size is small (32), it will not take a large volume to get  you to a full B cup.  Depending on how much breast tissue you currently have (probably not much with an A cup), I would anticipate a C cup with the 200cc.  But many times it will depend on the bra style and vendor what your cup size eventually will become.  I would not go larger and maybe consider a smaller augmentation volume if you are set on a B cup.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

How much volume needed to go from 32A to 32B

+1

Generally one cup size is 200 cc for smaller band sizes, e.g., 32 and 34.  For bra sizes of 36 and up larger volumes are needed.

In my practice we try to give the patient exactly what she wants, rather than aiming for cup size.

As you know, the cup can vary with the bra size. Many women are intermediate, sometimes using a 32, and sometimes a 34. The actual volume of a 34B is about the same as a 32 C. So cup size is an imprecise measure of what size implant to use.

We use gel sizers and let the patient judge when she looks exactly the way she wants to look.  That is the size that is most likely to correlate with long-term satisfaction.  It could be somewhere in the range of 180 to 240, but the final decision would be up to the patient.

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Sizing and Implants for Breast Augmentation

+1

This depends on how small or large an A cup you are and your breast width and also how large a B cup you would like to be. Usually, 150-200CC will enlarge a breast one full cup size.

Donna Rich, MD

250-300cc implants will increase an A to B cup

+1

Without seeing a picture, it is impossible to determine the best implant size, but in general 250-300cc will increase you a full cup size.  I am not sure a 180 cc implant will get you to a full B cup.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Breast augmentation A to full B cup

+1

You should go into your procedure confident of what to expect.  We use the Rite-Size method outlined on our blog, which has been quite successful.  If you are going up one to one and one half cup size, select an implant with a base width identical to your breast base width minus your skin thickness.  Depending on where in the A cup range you are and where in the B cup range you want to end up, try both moderate and mid-range profile prostheses with the given width.  Confirm with 3D surgical simulation... the system we use is the Axis Three Portrait.

Steve Laverson, MD

Questions about breast implant size

+1

Without photos and a true examination, it is pure conjecture as to what style and size of breast implant will help you realize the appearance that you desire. Furthermore, there is no fixed "large B" look. Two bras manufactured by two different companies may fit exactly the same, with one being a "B" and the other a "C".

You need to discuss with your plastic surgeon the look that you want. Photos can be helpful. Is it really a "B" that you want or a "C". Often, there is a misconception as to what a particular cup size would appear like. I suggest leaving the final decision for implant size with your plastic surgeon based on his/her judgement and your expressed and understood wishes.

Finally, you would probably be better served with silicone implants.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Implant volume vs cup size

+1

The two topics are very different and very difficult to correlate. I think the easiest way to relay the shape and size information to your surgeon is to provide him/her with photos of what you want to look like. Your plastic surgeon will then, after examinig you be able to determine what implant volume is apprpriate for you. Your surgeon should also be able to show you before and after photos of various case scenarios. This would make you decision a more informed one and most likely you wil be please with the reuslts.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Amount of cc's to go up 1 cup size

+1

I tell patients that Approximately 150 to 200cc equal 1 cup size.  You need to consult with your doctor and make sure the implant you are choosing fits the width of your breasts.  I also think its a great idea to try the implant on in a sports bra and a shirt and see if this is the size you want.

Stephen Miller, MD

200cc implants

+1

I do not tell patients that a certain cc# will give them a specific cup size. It is difficult to tell you what size implant to use to achieve your goals because there are so many factors involved.  I ask my patients to bring in photos of what they want to achieve and when I am in the operating room, I fill up a temporary sizer to different volumes to see exactly what volume give the patient the look she is striving for.  It is too much responsibility for the patient to choose the implant size.  The surgeon should adjust things taking into consideration how much breast tissue you have, your chest wall (concave vs. convex), how a saline implant projects vs. a silicone gel implants, etc..