One of my Breasts is Loose and Sliding Around in the Pocket- What Can I Do?

I had augmentation four months ago. One of them is considerably lower than other and slides around in the pocket. How can this be fixed?

Breast implant pocket issues

+3

If you are 4 months out from breast augmentation and one implant is significantly lower than the other and the pocket is larger also, you will almost certainly need a revision to repair the pocket.  This isn't the kind of thing that "heals up" or goes away with garments. Sorry for your troubles.

Implant moving in the pocket

+2

I think that the degree of difference you have will likely require surgery to go in and either try to close the pocket with sutures, or create a new pocket that is higher and smaller to limit the motion. I do not think this is a self-correcting issue.

Julio Garcia, MD

Asymmetry

+2

It's difficult to tell entirely from the photo you submitted exactly what's going on.  It looks to me like your implant position is different on each side and that you'd definitely benefit from a breast lift.  Trying to correct your asymmetry only with implants may be difficult.

Scott E. Newman, MD, FACS

Imbalanced Breast Implants

+2

There are a variety of ways to adjust breast implants that are not a good match on the two sides.  The best approach requires careful study of your chest wall anatomy and detailed information about your prior proceedure.  Some revisions are easy and others more technically challenging.  To give you a good idea of what is possible you would need to have an in person consultation to discuss your options in detail.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Loose implant after augmentation

+2

If you are more than 6 weeks out from surgery you should have the breast implant pocket adjusted.  This will require a trip to the OR for a procedure to sew up the pocket where it is too big.  If there are any other procedures you are interested in or if you want to exchange your implants for a differnt size or type this is a good opportunity to do so.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

+2

What can you do? See your chosen surgeon and discuss. Post photos showing the asymmetry here on REALSELF so we can better advise. 

Breast implant pocket that is too large and too low will need to be surgically corrected

+2

From what you are describing, the pocket in which the implant has been placed is both too large as well as too low. This will not be resolved without a surgical revision. You should contact your plastic surgeon and discuss your concerns and the findings then plan to have this corrected.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Implant loose in pocket after breast augmentation

+2

After breast augmentation the implant should fit in the breast hand in glove so that they move and feel as one. If the implant pocket is too large the implant will not stay centered under the breast and can fall to the side or bottom out in an unnatural way. After four months the problem will not correct itself and the pocket will need to be revised.

peterejohnsonmd

Asymmetric, loose implant 4 months postop

+2

Without photos it is difficult to provide guidance. Based on your history, you will need a revision to correct the asymmetry and close down the pocket . Go back to your surgeon and discuss this or seek a second opinion if you are not comfortable with the original surgeon. Good luck.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Moving Around

+2

I would like to see photos to really try to see what is going on but probably you need to go and talk to your surgeon and see what type of revisionary surgery he/she recommends for you to achieve better implant placement. It sounds like capsulorrhaphy is what you would need.