17 Years Old (Almost 18) and Getting Rhinoplasty

Hi I'm 17 years old and I'm getting rhinoplasty this summer! I'm nervous about one thing: people noticing. If people at my high school find out, well lets just say it won't be a very fun year for me. I'm going to dye my hair a different color so people will hopefully think thats whats different about me. Do you think they'll find out? Also I'm taking 4 weeks off sports, is that ok? I can't really take off any more time then that :/

Ready for Rhinoplasty?

Sounds like you may not be ready to have a Rhinoplasty during your high school years. Dyeing your hair may be a good distraction, but it’s not the answer. These years can be difficult for teenagers who are self conscious about a particular aspect of their appearance. You may be surprised that some people may have a positive reaction. Rhinoplasty is a common and popular procedure during the teenage years. One goal with Rhinoplasty is to achieve natural looking refinements. Many teenagers welcome this change. Whether your goal is dramatic or subtle, find a surgeon who has your goal in mind. Four weeks off sports is acceptable, however, the bone is usually fully fused in approximately six weeks so just be careful.

Detroit Plastic Surgeon