12 Weeks PO Full Tummy Tuck with Lipo on Flanks Swelling After Workouts?

I'm 12 weeks PO today feeling great. I'm getting back into working out. My work out consist of 20 minutes on an eliptical and 20 min running on a treadmill. My problem is by the end of the day the swelling and tightness on my belly is uncomfortable. The swelling takes about a day or two to subside. Is it recommended to continue to workout while swollen or should i let the swelling and tightness subside between workouts. Thank you for your recommendations...

Hello

+1
In our practice we tell our patients that it takes 6 to 12 months for your body to go back to normal. Just use caution when working out and start off slowly.

Post TT swelling with exercise

+1

At 12 weeks after your tummy tuck I am not surprised that you have swelling after exercise. I find that with my patients, even without exercise, at the end of a normal day many will notice swelling. This can last for up to 6-9 months. I would caution my patients to limit their exercise so that it is not uncomfortable. This may mean decreasing your routine for a while and then gradually increasing it as you continue to heal. But kudos to you for getting back to your workouts so soon after surgery. And you should check with your surgeon to make sure he or she is in agreement with your exercising. Good luck to you.

Margaret Skiles, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after exercise and surgery

+1

For several months after surgery, you will notice increased swelling and perhaps some tightness after exercise.  This is usually normal.  If you are concerned, you should be checked out by your surgeon.  Good luck.