Smart Lipo - Is 1000CC Enough to Have Removed?

I had 1000cc's removed with smart lipo three weeks ago and don't see much difference as of now . I am 5'9" 155lbs ,24yr old female . I had three areas done - hips+lower and upper abd. I wonder why the doctor only removed that much since I know they can go up to 5000cc's . I can still grab the fat on my love handles ....I'm pretty dissapointed with the result as of now .

Smartlipo liposuction focuses on contouring

+1

As surgeons we have an idea what quantity of fat we will obtain from a specific area of a unique individual. There are indicators when we are reaching that "end point", but actual fat volume removed is less important than achieving the desired contour.

South Bend Facial Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction results can not be determined at three weeks

+1

You should wait a minimum of three months after surgery before thinking that you are unhappy with the results.  It takes three to six months to have maximal retraction.  You however, feel significant fat in your love handles, so maybe there is a bulk of fat that can still be removed, but wait the time and see your surgeon in a followup appointment to determine if more will be done. If it is the normal healing inflammation, you won't be able to tell for a while what the true after surgery result is.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Smart lipo, is 1000cc enough

+1

With any form of liposuction, and Smart lipo is a popular one, the amount of fat to be reduced depends on the area and desired contour, and you are right, liposuction will often require more than 1000cc for a great result. The volume is not the key to the result, only the final contour. If your result has missed the mark perhaps your surgeon can explain.

peterejohnsonmd

+1

Sorry for your issues. Understand Smart lipo is only a tool to be used. It is up to the surgeon (if you had a surgeon vs a non surgeon  doctor) to be experienced enough to preform an adequate removal of fat. If you could/would post some photos it will assist in advising you. It sounds as if to minimal a fat removal was done, from your description I feel at least 2,000 cc's of fat could be removed (only my guess). From MIAMI

Smartlipo and fat removal

+1

No matter what technique is used to perform liposuction , the goal is to improve the contour.  I am not particularly hung up on the amount of fat to be removed although I usualy have a general figure I usually expect to approach.

The amount of fat removed with smartlipo is not necessarily indicative of its results

+1

The amount of fat removed with smartlipo is not necessarily indicative of its results. Removing too much fat creates divots and irregularities besides possibly damaging the skin.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist