I'm 3 1/2 Weeks Post Op from a Tummy Tuck. When Can I Sleep Without my Binder?

The binder is your friend

+2
I generally recommend that patients sleep in the binder for about four weeks postop Although I permit them to remove it during the daytime sooner, they report that it gives them support and guards against unconscious movement while asleep.

How long do I wear a surgical garment after tummy tuck

+1

At Gayoso Plastic Surgery, I require my tummy tuck patients to wear a surgical garment for at least 3 weeks after surgery, but I do not allow any abdominal exercising for a total of 3 months after surgery in order to protect the internal 'corset' stitches that I place to give the stomach a flat appearance.  I would encourage you to discuss this with your surgeon as every surgeon has his/her own protocol for the length of time a surgical garment is worn in the post operative period.

Antonio Gayoso, MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

31/2 Weeks Post-Op from TT When Can I Stop Garment?

+1

I recommend my patient wear their compression garments six weeks post-operative time period to allow for maximum skin contraction.

Rondi Kathleen Walker, MD
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sleep without Binder after Tummy Tuck

+1

For most of my patients, 2 weeks with a binder is enough but you should check with your surgeon to be sure.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Binder after Tummy Tuck?

+1

Every plastic surgeon has his/her own “protocol” that he/she believes will achieve the best results. It would be in your best interests ( and most respectful)  if you ask your plastic surgeon with his/her recommendations are.