SO READY!!!! ...... Found a Dr! Dr Janjua

I have a big nose and large nostril flare. I've...

I have a big nose and large nostril flare. I've been uncomfortable with my nose since I was 9. That was when I noticed I had a big nose. I thought I would grow into it and end up with a perfect nose like the rest of my family but it never happened. I'm married with two kids and even my youngest Son has started getting teased about his nose. This has put me in a hard spot.... not wanting to get it done and have him suffering through the teasing but I have to get it done. My husband loves me just the way I am but is fully aware of how much my nose holds me back. I'm beyond ready for a change... I'm in school and looking forward to starting a new career with a new nose. I will be keeping you all posted on my journey.

Consultation is scheduled!!!

Consultation is scheduled for Monday Morning :) I didn't even call the office.... I schedualed via email. I'm so ready to go and talk things over and I'm bringing my usband with me for support :)

Consultation.. update

Ok..... I went for my appointment yesterday and the office was very nice and staff was lovely and not pushy at all. The Dr spent a lot of time evaluating my nose and talking to me about what he would be able to do. I did like the consultation and the images he did but they didn't show much with my difficult nose shape. The total price of the procedure is just shy of $9,400 total. It's a little higher than I thought it would be and I still have some saving to do before I can get things done. Consultation was $75.

New Dr and Consultation

It has been some time since I've updates. I still dislike my nose and want to get it done, but it's hard to find the right Dr to get the job done the right way the first time. I found a Dr that lives 30min from my home. He has a 5 star rating and specializes in facial surgery. What I want done is very little. I don't want anything done to my bridge. I have a masculine nose and I only want to take in my flare. I decided to schedule an appointment for tomorrow morning and see if this Dr is willing and can give me what I want.

I want to have Alarplasty done....... let's see what the Dr thinks of my nose first.

Update After Consulting with the Dr!!!

I went in to visit the Dr and My husband came with me. The office was nice, everyone was sweet and made me feel comfortable. I spoke with Dr Janjua about what I wanted and he went over everything with me. Possible complications, details about the procedure and before and after care. I've watched all his YouTube videos so I didn't have a bunch of questions for him. I already knew that he was the Dr for me :-) ...... I did get really emotional in is office. He got me tissues and told some jokes about his own nose to make me feel better.
I'M scheduled for March and paid deposit. I'm having Alarplasty!!! I can't believe it!!! I told my Mom and Sisters already. They all know it's something I've always wanted so I have everyone supporting my decision.

DR Janjua already gave me all my prescriptions. Everything is in a nice folder just waiting for the big day. :-) I will post better pictures when I get a chance.

Just Bumped up Surgery DATE!!!

I'm going to Dr Janjua in Bedminster NJ... I'm having a hard time changing that information on real self.... it's still showing the location as West Orange. :(
Whenever I speak to Dr Janjua, I feel more comfortable and ready for the procedure. I told a few more people and they are supportive but tell me to be prepared for all the questions that will be asked. I'm not worried about that at all.
I moved my date from March 15th to March 3rd!! My Mom will be visiting on the 18th and she wants to see me without the stitches LOL. Anything for MOMMY!!! My husband is just ready for it to be done already so I can stop talking about it O_O I can't help myself!!!!
I don't have a problem with my tip or bridge..... so I feel Alarplasy is perfect for the look I desire. I feel it will help me maintain my ethnic features and give me the small but noticeable change I desire.

Thanks for all the kid words!!!

I wanted to update my review with the correct Dr.....

I wanted to update my review with the correct Dr....... I wanted to have my nostrils reduced and that is really all I would like done. Never had a problem with the shape of my nose.

I've visited a number of Dr's that all wanted to convince me to do work on my bridge and tip and I felt that I wouldn't get the results I was looking for. They really need to think about what the client wants and not what they believe everyone finds attractive.
I had a problem with my flare for so many years.... and any time I hade the money I couldn't find the right Dr until NOW!!!
I found Dr Janjua here on Real Self and I also watched a number of his videos on you tube perform the exact procedure I wanted.
I immediately scheduled a consultation with his office and he took his time listening to what I wanted. I broke down in his office from all the emotions because I knew he was te Dr that would be performing the procedure that I'very wanted sick I was in middle school.
Well.... Today was that day and I must say..... I was super nervous and ready and anxious. He kept me calm. His assistant help my hand and made me feel comfortable.
It was done in office :-) My husband waited in the waiting room for me. The procedure took a little while but not long.

I'll attach before and after pictures......

Healing!!!

Here is my update.... got a call from the Dr's office to see how I was doing. They made sure I took my antibiotics and still cleaning my hands and applying the cream to my nostrils.
I was very depressed from the swelling and did a lot of crying on day 2. I'm such a big baby :-( My Son came home and told me he wanted to see my new nose. LOL He told me my flare is gone and yes its swollen but it looks good and my nostrils are very even. I felt 80% better after talking to a 12 year old O_O.
My daughter is 7 and and didn't notice a difference till today. She said...."Oooh Mommy you look like your Sister".

I took a Xanax and woke up to a duck lip... I don't know what caused it. It might just be normal swelling. It already started to go down a lot but I had Sushi and I'M guessing it mixed with something in the meds and caused my lip to swell. I can see more definition in my nose. It looks less like a balloon :-) Dr Janjua is really one of the best kept secrets in Ethnic Rhinoplasty!!!

Before and After

I'ment happy I still look like me :-)

over 1 month update

I feels good :-) I've had dinner with close relatives and you can tell they can't put tear finger on what is different but everyone tells me I look great :-) I also lost almost 15lb so that might have helped a lot too LOL. I LOVE My Nose!!! Just have to schedule a FU about my scar on the left side :-( it looks a little swollen and looks like I was cut. On the right side it looks smooth like nothing was done at all. So I like to sit with people on my right side now O_O .
I attached some pics.... sometimes my nose looks really small but when I smile I see hints of my old nose and I like it. The size is perfect!!!!
When meeting new people I would stress myself about them looking at my nose. I honestly feel like I didn't get a job because of it. The interviewer just kept looking at my old nose the entire time. It might have been in my head but it made my interview horrible. Now I'm just ready to do new things and start my own busness. I'm not afraid to take to people anymore :-)

4 months after :-D

Just wanted to share a few pics with everyone. Still love my results ?

Almost 4 months

Wow such a big difference

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon